Amazon's The Boys Season 1 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
thanks for the review cas,this looks a lot of fun,will binge some tonight.:D

Good review Sir!
I don't think I've ever seen so many warnings at the beginning of any show or movie:rotfl:
Love it:thumbsup:

I tried to find it in 4K earlier but eventually did - its not easy.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Name-Game/dp/B07VBHPVLT/ and add to watch list to see from devices.
Thanks for the link. :smashin: I was pulling my hair out trying to find it in 4K...:facepalm:

Amazon really need to sort it out with regards to finding the 4K versions of their shows. Netflix is just a breeze compared to Amazon's.....:rolleyes:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks Cas, added it to my list :)

Yep! Goodbye Netflix / Another Life...:facepalm: And hello The BOYS...:thumbsup:

Thanks for the review - now I have found it in 4k definitely will watch tonight - George

It's a real shame about Preacher, but I can't argue with your point about its death through treading water. More TV needs to build in enough momentum they could satisfyingly conclude in two seasons. Few last longer than this these days and if you happen to have a hit on your hands expanding the narrative with new aims and goals really shouldn't be that hard. Too much TV spends whole seasons making curcular snail trails on the assumption it'll have to stretch the material across 100 episodes. And then of course it never gets that opportunity. Daft.

Anyway. On paper, to me, The Boys looks perfect. Exactly my cup of tea: Love superhero stuff, love dark humour, satire and I loved Preacher, which this definitely rings of looking at the trailer. And I had no idea it was coming. Lucky me. Will get stuck in tonight.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the review :thumbsup: loving every minute ( on ep 5 ) to the point even Karl's accent is not annoying me and adds a touch of amusement in itself.

It's on the first page in 4k on my Prime homepage.

Really enjoyed Preacher although it was hamstrung by daft American network censorship rules, so looking forward to seeing the creators let loose here.
And as another member said, Another Life on netflix is appalling. Millenials in space, I lasted half an hour.

You see this is what I'm talking about. I've got a whole bunch of stuff to watch and now I've already watched the first episode of this.

It's on the first page in 4k on my Prime homepage.

I found it but getting error 5004 on my ATV when I select it. Authentication error apparently. Tried logging out and in but no dice.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions Cas!

I am binge watching Black Sails at the moment and get an advert for this every night, And thought it looked like a bunch of deadpool types...Glad that is the case :D

Will get onto this soon :smashin:

I found it but getting error 5004 on my ATV when I select it. Authentication error apparently. Tried logging out and in but no dice.
The only weird that happened to me was on episode 2 were the whole picture went like a smashed LED screen. But once restarted, no issues. I'm on the 3rd episode.

Me too - works fine on my LG tv app though

Confused ?? Does not season 4 of Preacher come out in August ? Though it is tagged as the final season !

Yes, final season shortly, hence why the slow-burn approach backfired for them, as they'll be in a rush to get to the end of the graphic novels now, and will likely have to fudge it.

Sorry, I call it cancelled, because that's really what it is in effect. It's been cancelled after season 4 because there's no way they had planned to end it after 4 seasons.

Well I thought S3 at least got moving - i will put the boys on my to watch list!

Cheers

Matt

Yes, if you stick with it to the very last few episodes, Preacher Season 3 delivered, but the early stuff, both in terms of 'mama's house and the vamp club, was way too dragged out. The final few shots, though, did give me some sense of hope, it just took a lot of willpower to stick it out to that point (not wholly unlike American Gods Season 2 which similarly reached an excellent 'start of war' at the end of the first season and then spun its wheels for most of the second).

The Boys will hopefully not lose its focus once it's won over its fanbase.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom