Amazon's Mr. Robot Season 4 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I LOVE Mr. Robot! I seem to be the only one at work banging on abut it though.

I haven't watched the first episode yet, I like to stack a few then binge. But I don't think I can resist much longer!

So much great TeeVee on at the moment! No wonder I have 1000s of unwatched BDs piled up around the house :)

Excellent - looking forward to it !!

Not for the average viewer this one (the one that puts the episode on then goes and makes a cuppa) then comes back and thinks *I knew that would happen*

Sad to this end but been quality from the off, it makes you think and that's what we desire.
Lot's of WTF moments and twists and turns and you don't know what's going to happen.
Had a feel of Gattaca to me when it started and it's turned into something far superior.

You just know the ending is going to be totally *WACKY*

Loved S1, but never made it through S2...

worth trying again, never mind the script & acting, but the camera work on some of the episodes is fantastic, 1 ep in particular S3ep5 ( eps3.4_runtime-err0r.r00) is astonishing.

Last edited:
Yes! This is a show that will be remembered for generations sort of how The Wire didn't really get the respect it deserved until it ended.

Thanks Cas, I still haven't managed to sit through season 3! This has given me some drive in starting that and catching up! Cheers

Yeah I'd agree with the other comments, give it another shot. I was all over the place about Season 2 until over halfway through when things started to become... clearer. And then it was back to genius territory to me.

Season one of this show was stellar, and the twist was very well done. As others have said the start of season 2 requires perseverance, but it is well worth sticking with. A superb show which will be missed when it finishes.

Totally agree Cas, a 10/10 show for sure. Gonna echo the thoughts I put in the other thread here -

Watched the first new episode last night. It was as tremendous as always.

The reason why this has elevated itself to the top of my all time TV list is the absolutely brilliant way it acts as a social commentary for our time.

On occasion it's subtle, other times it's blatant. But it's always handled competently, and Elliott is a character for whom everyone can locate with on some level. I'm not just talking of course about his mental illness, but the way in which he sees the world, interacts with his surroundings, and of course looks at the bigger picture of where he lies within society.

The show does often resemble a tin foil hat - in it's portrayal of big business being the architects behind our societal structure's - but I'm sure all of us have pondered at some point the influence large corporations have on our daily lives. This show just focuses that point, and whereby Elliott is aware of the futility of his cause, he still believes that he can play a part in changing this influence.

However (without spoiling it for others yet to watch), throughout the first 3 season's we learned that who he sees as the enemy is well prepared for anyone that might oppose their progress.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Esmail brings an end to the series, I think there will be a few twists and turns to come before the conclusion. I wasn't expecting what happened in the first episode to take place, but I feel we know by now that not everything is as it appears to be.

I watched season one and found all of the characters incredibly smug and irritating. Supposedly that was the best season by quite a way so haven't bothered since. Amazed to see a 10 for this.

I've said it before and i'll say it again but season 2 is a masterpiece, I don't see the flaws in that season that everybody else does. I think it's clearly a step up from season 1 because the gloves are actually off and Esmail is able to go into some darker, riskier and, ultimately, more creative territory.

Season 2's Master Slave is tremendous as far as using old sitcoms aesthetic to show the internal turmoil of Elliot at that moment of time, as was the season's biggest twist which I did not see coming at all. I also think that the theme of control just really hit the nail on the head that time round. The idea that we are control of our lives is a big fat lie, as illustrated by everything that happens in that season. I also think that the action sequences are underrated too.

Character develop? Top notch, just look at what happens to Darlene, Angela and my MVP of that season, Joanna Wellick. She was actually more unnerving than Tyrell and creates a really uncomfortable atmosphere every time she's on screen. It's a very underrated performance by Stephanie Corneliussen.

Exactly this. Nearly got to the end of S2, but it was just meandering and going nowhere at that point and I'd become sick of it. Didn't watch season 3. Perhaps it's worth starting again from the beginning if it finally starts getting it's sheet together in the last season? I've forgotten far too much of it to just dive back in where I left off.

I don't think Netflix's Dark was reviewd here as that is the only recent series i watched that i would give a 10.
I have never seen this but for it to get a 10 means it must be something special i will give this a go thanks for the Review Cas

How have i missed the premier of this!?!

One of the best TV shows ever made, The filming is really something else at adding to the suspense.
Dare I say Hitchcock would be impressed with this work?
Thanks for the review Cas, Will be straight onto this once I have watched the last few episodes of Titans (which is also bloody brilliant as you said!)

What a great start to the final season...... the soundtrack was also great.... i haven't got an atmos set up but i swear that ticking clock sound at the apartment was directly above the middle of my head between my ears :cool:

i am an open minded guy and watch many styles...BUT after an OK/interesting S1...S2 was "crap WTF"..i dropped it...why does everyone love this bizarre thing ? dunno
yes it is interesting and different...but VERY SLOW and well bizarre various times...with long dialogues...

I tried to watch it but it was a hard watch and I gave up half way through season 1. Everyone I know that watched season 1 chucked it as well...I just dont get the hype about it at all!

I watched the pilot episode last night I was impressed it keeps you interested throughout

I don't think Netflix's Dark was reviewd here as that is the only recent series i watched that i would give a 10.
I have never seen this but for it to get a 10 means it must be something special i will give this a go thanks for the Review Cas

I loved Dark but Mr Robot is at least as good. Dark S1 was brilliant but did not get the acclaim it deserved due to the fact that it has subtitles.

I loved Dark but Mr Robot is at least as good. Dark S1 was brilliant but did not get the acclaim it deserved due to the fact that it has subtitles.
Dark is very unrated, hope they make season 3.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom