Amazon - What time/date did you order XBOX 360 from Amazon

corh5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just trying to gauge whether i will get one on launch, assuming its first come first served

i ordered 18/08 9.43 am

Will check email for the time when I get home but from memory it was around 1800hrs

Date was the 17th August

I ordered mine on the 21st, having originally ordered through play. I figured that I didn't want my x360 delivered in an oversized jiffy bag :D

And for £1.62 amazon deliver the x360 first class.

DuncanWardle said:
Will check email for the time when I get home but from memory it was around 1800hrs

Date was the 17th August
I was just before that, I think.

I ordered literally after a refresh and they were taking orders.

which pack did u boys go for???

Dal

got my confirmation email on AUG 17th, 20:14hrs

cant remember seeing the 'short supply-you may not get one at launch' warning when i ordered.

here's hoping......

just wandering how short and "short supply" is
I never ordered my original XBOX til months after it was up for pre-order (again via Amazon) and still got it the morning of release

Got my confirmation email for premium/deluxe pack @ 20.08 on 17th/August.
Do Amazon have any games or accessories available for preorder yet?,c'ant seem to see any :suicide:

They had about 5 games up for pre-order a week or so ago ... priced at £29.99 ... soon disappeared off the site though.

Managed to pre-order Perfect Dark Zero and Quake IV , but should have also ordered Kameo and Call of Duty too ... by the time I decided I wanted them they had gone.

Oh well long time to go yet ... who knows what might happen :)

Me and a mate were going to order from Amazon, but their 360 pre-order page now has this text:

Amazon.co.uk said:
We have been informed that the Xbox 360 will be in short supply on the day of release, and, unfortunately, this means we can't guarantee that pre-orders will be delivered by day of release. We are working with our suppliers to ensure that we fulfil all orders as soon as possible, and will ship the consoles as soon as we receive them.

Is this their way of saying "we've run out"? :confused:

It's their way of saying 'we don't know how many we're getting.'

I pre-ordered the 5 games they had on Amazon on the 10th August, probaley wont want them all but at £29.99 each I can trade them in against a game I do want :)

As for the console, I pre-ordered on the 17th August at 20:52 but have pre-ordered with Game too, will decide closer to the day which I will go with.

Indiana Jones said:
I pre-ordered the 5 games they had on Amazon on the 10th August, probaley wont want them all but at £29.99 each I can trade them in against a game I do want :)
What makes you think you'll get them? In Amazon's Terms & Conditions:
Amazon.co.uk Terms & Conditions said:
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of products in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

No reason to assume I wont get them, after all some people who ordered those mispriced Angel and Indiana Jones DVDs got their orders while others had their orders cancelled and I know some people who ordered the 360 games have already had their pre-orderes cancelled but mine is still untouched, will just have to wait and see.

I ordered mine on the 22nd August. I guess no retailers know how many that they will be getting at the moment but hopefully they will be able to meet most of their orders.

I guess we'll get one when we get one though :smashin: .

I am going to buy one from the shops on release day if I don't get mine in the morning. I figure I could at least break even anyway, if not wait 3 weeks and sell it for a profit on ebay.

Got my reply from Amazon 17/08/2005 21:01 for the deluxe pack. My only thing with Amazon is "Am I going to get this on the release day?"

I also went into Game this Saturday (27th) and have pre-ordered with them. The guy behind the till was adamant that I would get it on the release date. He said that they had a quota and this was being checked by Head Office on a regular basis (not sure if I believe this :rolleyes: ) and that they would inform people if the release date was no longer possible.

This does leave me with the dilema of which one do I cancel and when? :confused:

Ian.

I ordered mine on the 17th`, and have ordered PGR3 from Play :)

Now to decide what other game to get...........

Spoony.

IanW said:
Got my reply from Amazon 17/08/2005 21:01 for the deluxe pack. My only thing with Amazon is "Am I going to get this on the release day?"

I also went into Game this Saturday (27th) and have pre-ordered with them. The guy behind the till was adamant that I would get it on the release date. He said that they had a quota and this was being checked by Head Office on a regular basis (not sure if I believe this :rolleyes: ) and that they would inform people if the release date was no longer possible.

This does leave me with the dilema of which one do I cancel and when? :confused:

Ian.
I have an XBox 360 pre-ordered with 3 different companies at the moment and I am going to wait until they know for sure how many they are getting and the first that emails me to say you will get it on release day gets the order.

ordered mine 17th aug @23.43-hopefully i'll get one :hiya:

no games ordered yet -amazon don't seem to have any on there web site :mad:

Ordered 19th August at 01:41 a.m from Amazon. Yet to pre-order games (and a controller, recharger pack and VGA lead). Probably get them from Play as they have them for £39.99. Not sure which or if they'll arrive at the same time either!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom