• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazon unveils cloud gaming service Luna

jdevil

Distinguished Member

Amazon's long-rumoured cloud gaming service has finally been unveiled; it's called Luna and will be heading to Fire TV, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android soon.

As with Google and Microsoft's similarly styled offerings, Stadia and Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass, Amazon's pitch is immediate access to a wide range of games across multiple devices. Unlike Stadia's much-maligned effort, however, Amazon is opting for something closer to an all-inclusive subscription model, initially offering over 100 games via its Luna+ channel for an "introductory price" of $5.99 USD a month during early access.

Games will be playable at up to 4K/60fps, and will initially include Control, Panzer Dragoon, A Plague Tale: Innocence, The Surge 2, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Layer, GRID, Resident Evil 7, Abzu, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. More will be added over time, and Amazon notes games can be played on up to two devices simultaneously with a single subscription.

Luna_hero_image.png

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 21.22.27.png

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
I wonder how they are going to get it on iphone as apple wouldnt allow gamepass on their service and this service is exactly the same

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
I think i read somewhere it would be web based. is that a way they could get around it?

Yes, using a web based system for IOS, Stadia is also planning to do the same, and in the next Safari Beta the pad connection over wifi is available.

Luna being windows based could do really well, seems more of a Netflix for games system than Stadia as you sub to specific channels which is quite cool imo.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
I think Amazon will nail this and have a bigger audience than Stadia did.

Will be even better if they can knock off a further £1/2 for Prime members. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom