• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Amazon UHD HDR not working?

markb1980

Prominent Member
I have an LGC7 and when I go to watch anything in UHD HDR on the TVs App it will not show in UHD HDR? Is there a fault with the app does anyone know of? Some of the programs I have already watched and it was working fine before but if I watch the same programs now there is no UHD HDR even though it says under the title it is?

shelfsider

Established Member
My B7 is the same and Its popped up in the B7 and C7 owners threads. The latest update looks to have bricked it.
Had a quick look on google and apparently shields did something similar last year.
I keep meaning to send them an email about it but am dreading the inevitable blaming of my broadband, have you tried restarting your router generic exchange before they accept the issue is theirs.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
It's been mentioned in the Panasonic GX800 TV owners thread too. There's a link to a thread on the Amazon support forum about it. It might be worth posting a message. I don't have anything with HDR queued-up on my Amazon watchlist, but I'll check things out on my LG TV when i get a moment and see what I get.

markb1980

Prominent Member
Thank you for the replies and yes it seems the app update has caused the issues. On top of that the whole update looks poor! You can no longer see what is displaying when you pause the program, eg if 1080 or UHD HDR etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom