Amazon Sony Deal

12harry

Distinguished Member
Well spotted jonna,
- it's a budget price for virtually a Pro Editor, and V11 includes the Pro-Text feature in addition to the (rather clumsy IMHO) basic text titling. Others here have found this new feature difficult, but it's a matter of "practice" - I understand it allows titles to be semi-animated - DYOR - in effect the Keyframes can be multiplied if that makes sense - see Sony website for a Demo.

FWIW I still think (for New Buyers), the Studio "Production-Suite" is worth paying for, as the audio prog. SoundForge is loaded (by copy) from Vegas. I suspect that buying SoundForge separately might make the overall-deal less attractive.
However, If you have v10, SF is a separate program as well.....presumably if Vegas Studio is updated, SF should still work alongside?
- and of course many use (free) Audacity, although I find SF does all I have needed.

Production Suite v10 also included 1hr instruction video by VAAST - a little too fast for me, but useful to look-back again.

Does Amazon price revert after 1-day?

- - - - - and why?

OR: . . . . . . . . . Does this mean v12 Studio is about to break cover?

Last edited:

jonna

Distinguished Member
I've just bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 for £29.97, seems a good deal. I have already got Sony Vegas Pro 10 and Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 Production Suite, but at £18.97 it's a steal.

Stelph

Ah nuts, had just got Vegas 11 as well! Although I did buy it elsewhere for £26 for the production version so it's not so bad I guess

12harry

Distinguished Member
Ah nuts, had just got Vegas 11 as well! Although I did buy it elsewhere for £26 for the production version so it's not so bad I guess

If you're new to Vegas Studio then you may need to run the Tutorial DVD a couple of times, as it's a tad fast until you know the screen layout - and some icons are very small. There is plenty of Tutorial on YouTube, but you have to be sure it's Studio v11 as many producers are somewhat vague about the softwware version and easily interchange Studio and Pro versions. Also you probably know there is a whole range of Tutorials on Sony creative website - that can be quite fun too.

The Pro-Titler looks interesting - but maybe slowly-slowly until you know how the audience will react. Titles must be readable by the slowest reader.

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom