Amazon said they received an Empty box and won’t issue a refund! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big boss

Considering the 'seriousness' of your dispute, your not coming across as particularly serious yourself. Just admit you've been called out and go away.
I'm sorry, but thinking from OP's point of view, what else could he do, considering the shocking hostility on this thread?

DDot

DDot, can you answer my question about whether Hermes tracking confirms delivery please? You're getting distracted into arguments that's of no help to you.

Hi yes sure. I have also provided screenshots of this in the thread somewhere. All it says on Hermes tracking is that the time and date for pick up is booked, they got the parcel, and it still says it's on its way back. Even after emailing Hermes explaining this it remains the same on the App. Same goes for the Amazon App.

big boss

Or have people seen the profile picture and decided the OP cannot be genuine and must be a scammer?

davidcrofter

Guess I've been lucky by always using the PO for any returns I may have.
Did not realise how much of a lottery it could be with Hermes :(

I use Hermes for my business and I can assure you that they are no more of a lottery than Royal Mail. They both lose the very occasional parcel but Hermes will quickly refund you whatever insurance you have whilst Royal Mail will make you jump through all sort of hoops.

I would say they both average out to lose less than 1 parcel from every 200 sent so I don't even bother with additional insurance from Hermes.

DDot

Considering the 'seriousness' of your dispute, your not coming across as particularly serious yourself. Just admit you've been called out and go away.

umm no thanks i'll stay. why dont you go away. its people like you that ruin this forum for new people like me. I actually have people helping me which i am so grateful for and have gone further than i probably would've on my own

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry, but thinking from OP's point of view, what else could he do, considering the shocking hostility on this thread?
Maybe so, but the whole thing is just sounding a bit too far fetched, of course, in my opinion.

big boss

Hi yes sure. I have also provided screenshots of this in the thread somewhere. All it says on Hermes tracking is that the time and date for pick up is booked, they got the parcel, and it still says it's on its way back. Even after emailing Hermes explaining this it remains the same on the App. Same goes for the Amazon App.
Well, then you should challenge Amazon if they claim they received an empty box. Hermes tracking should show the package as delivered if Amazon claim they received an empty box.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Nigel. I have not telephoned where does it say i have telephoned. Let me answer. No i have no telephoned because i was unable to initially get through as its the first thing I would've done. Instead i have been speaking to a manager over live chat and was supposed to receive an email which never happened. Its obviously putting me off as i get the same response every time and im tired of it. But as you have kindly advised me, which is why i came to this thread, i can get a call back from them and i didnt know that. I will be trying this tomorrow.

You implied so in post #146.

I have been posting repeatedly since the beginning that in my experience you need to get on the phone and actually speak to a manager. I then posted the instructions on how to arrange a telephone call after your friend had said it was in possible.

You then replied to my suggestions in post #146 saying that I have not been reading your responses and that you had done all those things.

1. I suggested you telephone
  2. You replied saying that you had done all the things that I suggested
  3. Therefore, why would I not take that to mean that you had telephoned them

Cheers,

Nigel

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
umm no thanks i'll stay. why dont you go away. its people like you that ruin this forum for new people like me. I actually have people helping me which i am so grateful for and have gone further than i probably would've on my own
Good, I'm glad, can't wait to hear the end result of it all! Good luck!

big boss

DDot

You implied so in post #146.

I have been posting repeatedly since the beginning that in my experience you need to get on the phone and actually speak to a manager. I then posted the instructions on how to arrange a telephone call after your friend had said it was in possible.

You then replied to my suggestions in post #146 saying that I have not been reading your responses and that you had done all those things.

1. I suggested you telephone
  2. You replied saying that you had done all the things that I suggested
  3. Therefore, why would I not take that to mean that you had telephoned them

Cheers,

Nigel

Ok is this all to prove that i'm scamming or are you actually helping because i'm tired of all this

Gaslight

The penny will drop eventually that his amazon account has now been marked as 'fraud' by Amazon (rightfully or wrongfully) ...and speaking to CS is going to get him nowhere, be it on the phone, chat, carrier pigeon etc.

Once he actually listens to some of the more extended advice rather than the repetitive 'call amazon cs'- the same people who will see the flag on his account and will refuse to do anything, he won't get really anywhere.

Welcome to Amazon 2020.

But of course, he has filed a chargeback, and emailed Jeffs team. Oh wait, but he hasn't? or has he? I dont even think he knows.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Anyways, i came to this thread for help and advice and I have got that from some good people on here, but most think I'm a scammer. What a joke. No decency in people nowadays. I am new to this and well i think i probably shouldn't have done this. Never again anyway.

You have had plenty of advice. I have suggested repeatedly from the beginning that in my experience when Amazon start giving you the run-around you need to get on the telephone and ask to speak to a manager. I have never said you are a scammer. I just said that I find it a little odd that you came asking for advice, have been given advice but not followed it up, especially as we are talking about £2000.

Tomorrow I will be starting a dispute with AliExpress for something costing £8.50 that has not turned up. That's the sort of person I am, if it were my £2000 I would have been talking to Amazon managers on the phone within a week of the return.

Cheers,

Nigel

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Thats actually me in the profile picture wtf.
Think he was implying some kind of racial stereotyping.

Regardless of profile pic, the same story out of anyone would come across dodgy.

DDot

You have had plenty of advice. I have suggested repeatedly from the beginning that in my experience when Amazon start giving you the run-around you need to get on the telephone and ask to speak to a manager. I have never said you are a scammer. I just said that I find it a little odd that you came asking for advice, have been given advice but not followed it up, especially as we are talking about £2000.

Cheers,

Nigel
I have followed the advice as much as i can. I can assure you. My next steps will be to call Amazon. Again i never thought this was possible because on live chat amazon said them selves i am unable to call. I obviously believed them

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Or have people seen the profile picture and decided the OP cannot be genuine and must be a scammer?
No there were plenty of us trying to help at the beginning.
A lot of the answers we’ve been getting are raising alarm bells.
Eg OP doesn’t even know if he paid for Hermes to return the item. I’ve returned lots of things to Amazon over the years. It’s not hard to do & you know if you’re paying or Amazon are paying.
All very vague & if you’re sending back a £2k item, surely you’d be paying attention during the returns process.

big boss

Well, they are correct when they say you are unable to call. But they haven't said you can ask for a callback.

Gaslight

I have followed the advice as much as i can. I can assure you. My next steps will be to call Amazon. Again i never thought this was possible because on live chat amazon said them selves i am unable to call. I obviously believed them

If you have followed the advice, then what have Jeffs team said/? and what has your bank done?

big boss

If you have followed the advice, then what have Jeffs team said/? and what has your bank done?
I believe the OP has already said he's yet to receive a response to his email to Jeff, and the bank will take a few days.

Gaslight

I believe the OP has already said he's yet to receive a response to his email to Jeff, and the bank will take a few days.

Thats unlikely, considering how Jeffs office work, so if thats the case, then I call BS on the whole thing.

and if Jeffs office in the very unlikely event, ignore it, he has NO CHANCE of getting anything else out of customer service.

If the bank takes a 'few' days, its been two months hasnt it?

Nah, dosent add up if what you state is true.

DDot

No there were plenty of us trying to help at the beginning.
A lot of the answers we’ve been getting are raising alarm bells.
Eg OP doesn’t even know if he paid for Hermes to return the item. I’ve returned lots of things to Amazon over the years. It’s not hard to do & you know if you’re paying or Amazon are paying.
All very vague & if you’re sending back a £2k item, surely you’d be paying attention during the returns process.

I have said this already. I went through the process to return the item on amazon and it would be picked up by Hermes and I paid for it. i was told on the returns process if i do this and get refunded, it will be deducted off the refund i receive.

DDot

Thats unlikely, considering how Jeffs office work, so if thats the case, then I call BS on the whole thing.

If the bank takes a 'few' days, its been two months hasnt it?

Nah, dosent add up if what you state is true.

But why are you upset about this. If this is BS then go. simple. I have already told you. Thats it nothing more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp