Amazon Prime's Tales From the Loop TV Show Review & Comments

the hoff

Thanks for the review Tom, was not aware of this at all, so definitely something to add to my list

I like sci-fi as well so added to my watchlist as well. Watching more Prime than I expected at the moment as working my way through Mrs. Maisel as these times require a little comedy - george

Jono17

Been looking forward to this. Great to hear positive reviews

In typical Amazon style it's impossible to find on the app without specifically searching for it.

Honestly they need to fire everyone who designed Prime video and those who are responsible for adding and promoting new content. It's surely not that hard

Evinger

Thanks Tom. Checked out the Trailer & this looks like our cup of tea. Also, I'm a big fan of Jonathan Pryce.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Added to my watch list, many thanks.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Also, I'm a big fan of Jonathan Pryce.
Me too.
Whenever they get around to adding Something Wicked This Way Comes to Disney+, I'll be a very happy fish/man/thing.

He's not in it loads though. There are just a few vague strands linking the episodes and he's one of them.

Evinger

Whenever they get around to adding Something Wicked This Way Comes to Disney+, I'll be a very happy fish/man/thing.
Got to see that again soon :)
More Recently, his performance in "The Man who killed Don Quixote". For me, that was brilliant.
Sorry to hear he only has fleeting appearances in this new series, but still looking forward to it - the concept makes me think of kind of a Dark version of "Eureka"

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Echo thoughts above about Prime, barely check in these days, see nothing advertised anywhere. Watched the trailer and I’m sold..thanks for highlighting/reviewing Tom!

Evinger

Been looking forward to this. Great to hear positive reviews

In typical Amazon style it's impossible to find on the app without specifically searching for it.

Honestly they need to fire everyone who designed Prime video and those who are responsible for adding and promoting new content. It's surely not that hard
I use the Browser version on my Computer, add things to the Watchlist, & then play via the app on our ATV4K. I agree with you, the apps are all really annoying to navigate

VisionMan

I use the Browser version on my Computer, add things to the Watchlist, & then play via the app on our ATV4K. I agree with you, the apps are all really annoying to navigate
I search that way as well. Its by far the easiest way.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
And note, it is in UHD if you didn’t click on link above

Last edited:

VisionMan

I've just watched the first episode. Its a deep and thoughtful retrospective of the human condition set in a sci-fi 'what if?' culture. The first episode is slow but well thought out and very good. Well written with high production values. I agree with Toms review - 9/10.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I watched the first two eps and agree with above. Looking forward to watching the rest of the towns stories.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Not impressed with the first episode hope it gets better
Not sure why my steam show 1080P only
Not sure you will, having a quick look in reviews those who loved ep 1 continued to (as there are weaker episodes), those who disliked ep 1 continued to :)
I initially thought ep 2 was slightly weaker but I’ve been thinking about it more than ep 1 and the consequences that follow ...
Does your stream title state UHD (4K), I had to go hunting for it.

jwsg

The link to the 4K stream was just a few posts up
As long as it says 4K in the title then it should just be a matter of waiting for the adaptive streaming to catch up to see Ultra HD appear at the bottom of the overlay

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Would have missed this one for sure.

Cheers Tom, downloaded and ready to watch soon.

Gambit1977

Been waiting to see this as I own the books.
Just as soon as I can drag myself away from The Magicians (also on prime) :rotfl:

Supafly Boy

Sorry just couldn’t get on with this one. Boring and slow AF.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I love that Amazon have allowed the makers to show their vision (or at least that what it feels like). Some are complaining about the slow pace, but that’s what is great about it. Slow, beautifully shot, interesting individual stories and a moving melancholic score.

With everything that’s happening at the moment and how easily life can be taken from us, after finishing ep 4, really struck a chord...

I might well invest in the new (revised) hardback out on Tuesday.

Trending threads

Latest News

Denon introduces 8K ready AV Receivers as industry's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CES 2021 to go ahead 'in person'
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips 800 Series OLED TVs come to UK in July
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 31st May 2020