• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazon prime video

tolmie

Hi folks, ive just started a trial of amazon prime video, i see amazon say they have x amount of films etc, how do you see the list, when I go to films, it only shows so many, roughly say around 50 how do I see them all or more than that. When I go to by genre it seem to only show films I can rent or buy which is not what I want, the menus dont seem as intuitive as netflix.

Cheers

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Goto www.amazon.co.uk. Login to your account. Choose your account - your prime video. You should be able to add any movies to your device play list.

tolmie

no thats not what im looking for, I want to see more of a list within the fire stick, to see only 40-50 of potentialy thousands is no good, I cant even look by genre, if this is how it is I can see me sub.

Getgaff

40-50 out of potentially thousands is all you'll get with Amazon Prime. It's simply appalling when it comes to films IMHO. I only persevere for the free next-day delivery otherwise I'd sack it in an instant.

tolmie

Ye I don't think I will be subscribing

the hoff

Is the picture quality any better these days? I'm not up to 4K yet but their so-called HD quality used to be appalling. Compared to Blu-ray it was like VHS (and nowhere near as good as Netflix's largely excellent PQ). I'm going to jack in Sky Movies after Xmas and was wondering if this was worth another shot.....

chump

Is the picture quality any better these days? I'm not up to 4K yet but their so-called HD quality used to be appalling. Compared to Blu-ray it was like VHS (and nowhere near as good as Netflix's largely excellent PQ). I'm going to jack in Sky Movies after Xmas and was wondering if this was worth another shot.....

Last time i was a member this was my experience too. Recently rejoined and a lot of releases are now 1080p (which actually looks very good) and 5.1 sound which I'm very happy with.

the hoff

Thanks, sounds like it might be worth another look (not withstanding the comments about the selection above!)

smackos

In real terms Amazon Bitrate on 1080p content is now actually 10,000kbs, so it's actually higher than Netflix's!

HummerUK

Has anyone every got their technical support to fix a video that does not play?

Back on the 16th Feb, as I had some credit I purchased the film "Baby Boom"

It does not play just saying "LICENSE_ERROR" on Fire TV

All my other Amazon videos play okay both prior and more recent purchases.

Lost count of the amount of email, having me reset device, try another PC, etc...

Anyway on the 22nd Feb they said...

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to play the video "BabyBoom" on your Fire TV stick.

From my end, I've checked and can see that the video is unable to play on Fire TV stick.

In this circumstances, I've asked our Technical team to look into this issue with the Reference ID (Ticket): 0072823505.

Please note that while most issues are resolved within 5 business days, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. I will contact you again within 5 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

I will personally follow up on your contact to make sure the update is passed on to you through email.

Let me assure you that we have received this concern from our other customers as well and our development team will surely look into this with high priority for future improvements.

Your patience and understanding in this situation would be highly appreciated.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Well, after several more emails still no joy including suggesting I change my WiFi settings....

Perhaps I should change the batteries in my Remote Control?

Today, 16th March I got this one which is typical of most replies.

Hello,

My name is Elaine and I am emailing you with regards to the issue you had streaming the Amazon Video 'BabyBoom.'

Our engineers are currently looking into this issue and are waiting for further information. As soon as we have this information, I will update you accordingly. Please expect a further update within 5 business days. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Elaine OS

Are they just totally useless or is the video service run by another company?

HummerUK

16th Feb to 19th March...

Amazon finally fixed the license error on this film

Pretty impressive service!

tolmie

Can anyone tell me how you sign up for amazon video at 5.99 a month, never been able to do it or even see that option.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
To be honest, after experiencing HDX resolution on VuDu, I dont think I could ever go back to purchase streaming content from Amazon

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom