Amazon Prime offline!

Discussion in 'Film & TV On Demand Streaming Services' started by Clem_Dye, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Clem_Dye

Clem_Dye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +627
    It seems that something has happened to Amazon's streaming service, as large chunks of it are currently offline. Prime Video died on us at about 21:30. I called Amazon Support and was told that services like Video, Music, etc., were down, and may be out for 24h. I just checked again at about 23:00 and things still look broken. Oddly, things still seem OK via Amazon's web interface. I raised the issue of compensation with the support drone, and it seems that Amazon is already gearing-up for this. Services such as Netflix still work OK via my FireTV box though. I'm not sure how widespread the issue is, but I had to wait over 15mins in a queue for support, which although annoying wasn't too bad as Amazon were paying for the call. The support guy certainly sounded frazzled!

We live in interesting times ...

Clem

2. Atavus

Atavus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Prime day demand killed it I expect. Poor advert for AWS.

3. BigD18t

BigD18t
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,636
    Has it really got to the stage where something might not work for a few hours we then feel the need to get Compo :facepalm:.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018