• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazon Prime looks like The Hobbit...

simonvdl

Standard Member
Everything I've watched on Amazon Prime has that horrible Hobbitty look to it, i.e. sharp images but weird and plastic-looking. I've got a decent telly. Anything I can do or must I learn to love it? Is it because it's American and I'm English??

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Most likely it's down to the way your Amazon Prime device or TV handles 24Hz (most streamed content is 24 frames/second) content. What are you running Amazon Prime on ?

Garrett

Have you got it hard wired, mine is and the pictures are perfect even the 4K looks gorgeous like Grand Tour.

Garrett

Late last night I saw Bullet was on there list of films and it looked like an old VHS, yet last week I was watching something in just HD and the quality of picture was nudging Grand Tour.
So it could have been the source in your case.
Id try looking at Grand Tour for 4K and Lucifer for HD which Id say are both very good picture quality and if there waxy something wrong with the setup/gear.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
We watched a Prime-offered film the other night and pq was definitely not brilliant, but audio was fine, although stereo not 5.1. Some of it must be source dependent, because other stuff that we we've watched, like Chicago Med, was fine.

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom