Quantcast

Amazon Prime HDR Tip

Garrett

I seen a lot of post today about The Grand Tour not being in HDR although they been told it would be.
Here how to get it in HDR and other 4K HDR programs.
Tip originally mentioned by BriD and raymondo77 thanks:smashin:

If you go to any program in the normal listing it will not be in HDR e.g. clicking on that link it will not be in not HDR although UltraHD.
P1010149.JPG

But if you go down to the section which just list 4K TV programs and there is a black UHD above the prime in the corner it will be in HDR

P1010150.JPG

GaryB 1978

Distinguished Member
I seen a lot of post today about The Grand Tour not being in HDR although they been told it would be.
Here how to get it in HDR and other 4K HDR programs.
Tip originally mentioned by BriD and raymondo77 thanks:smashin:

If you go to any program in the normal listing it will not be in HDR e.g. clicking on that link it will not be in not HDR although UltraHD.
View attachment 787853

But if you go down to the section which just list 4K TV programs and there is a black UHD above the prime in the corner it will be in HDR

View attachment 787856
It's not the easiest app to navigate but thanks [emoji106]

Timh

[emoji33] I hadn't realised Amazon had separated HD from UHD... I've been watching Red Oaks in HD [emoji23]

Garrett

[emoji33] I hadn't realised Amazon had separated HD from UHD... I've been watching Red Oaks in HD [emoji23]
Hope you still have some more to watch and new series that you now know where they are in HDR.
Seems like you and I both did not know about going to this section on Prime for HDR.
Making thread a Sticky for a few weeks to help peeps.

Timh

It didn't used to be like that on Amazon, you just selected the programme to watch and it automatically played UHD for me.

Garrett

It didn't used to be like that on Amazon, you just selected the programme to watch and it automatically played UHD for me.
I dont know I went into a second series from a first season that was not in UHD and it stuck me in HD but when I checked it was avalable in UHD, btw the tip is to get in HDR as some members have been getting UHD but not gone in to HDR mode.
e.g. some pics I posted the other day.
Even if you get into a UHD program if you dont go into it with that black UHD banner you wont get HDR this is what you get if you go into a 4k without it.
Just UHD.jpg

going in with the black UHD banner.

P1010149.JPG

Attachments

Timh

Then ask yourself before you knew were you happy with the image?
Not really, I new I was watching in HD and could tell, but at the same time I new season 1 was in UHD so I thought Amazon had down graded it for some reason.

Garrett

I had a look for Red Oaks season one and could only find it in HD although season 2 is in UHD.
Bosch season 1 was in HD and season 2 UHD

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Are there a list of devices that have both Amazon and Netflix in HDR or is that the holy grail of UHD viewing?

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
The Grand Tour does look superb on the app...
IMG_2519.jpg

mrchisholm

what do you guys in UK get in UHD with prime? i just got it here in sweden and all i can find so far is grand tour and there is no UHD section at all yet :(

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
what do you guys in UK get in UHD with prime? i just got it here in sweden and all i can find so far is grand tour and there is no UHD section at all yet :(
Not a massive amount included with Prime. There is a 4K section with loads in but most you have to pay for.

Off the top of my head apart from Grand Tour, there is Man in the High Castle and perhaps 3 or 4 Amazon original shows, plus some demo clips.

Steve Hud

how hard is it to find the man in high castle 2 in HDR lol
Indeed. I was watching it in 1080, and couldn't understand why it wasn't in 4K. I later found it further down the page. You'd think it would default to the highest setting. I still can't hear the dialogue though. They're wilfully muttering, as though this somehow translates to 'realism". I don't think I'll be preserving with it.

derekhansen

Watched today's show from Finland and although in 4k it was not in HDR. The previous shows were but not this episode. Anyone else notice this?

djt111

will be watching it soon have gone in to the description and its showing HDR
did u scroll down to find it with the black hdr sign in corner or just choose the top one 4k only?
update
working in HDR for me

Last edited:

derekhansen

Just checked again and now the HDR box is there and starting it again it's now in HDR. Bizarre..

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
On the Xbox one S I can't find anything at all with the UHD logo on it Driving me mad, where is the 4K uhd section on the Xbox app

Timh

Why can't I see 'man in the high castle 2' in UHD/4K? Is it not available?
Amazon recently split HD and UHD, you have to scroll down to the UHD section and then scroll right to find it.

UpgradingAgain

Amazon recently split HD and UHD, you have to scroll down to the UHD section and then scroll right to find it.
Hi,
Thanks for that. Now I see the UHD version but when I play it there's only HD available to me??? Is this something to do with my internet speed?

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
The problem i have is im using the amazon app on xbox so there is no way of scrolling about to find a uhd section, it just one screen ... pretty useless

Timh

Hi,
Thanks for that. Now I see the UHD version but when I play it there's only HD available to me??? Is this something to do with my internet speed?
What's your internet connection speed?
I'm sure you need at least 15mb for UHD.

Trending threads

Latest News

Philips 800 Series OLED TVs come to UK in July
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 31st May 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
MQA expands global partnerships for high end experience
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung 2020 TV app lineup upgraded