Amazon Prime for £59

Vicki Wright

Second In Command
Staff member
Reaction score
Until 8th July, join Amazon Prime for £59 and save £20 on your first year's membership. Enjoy benefits including unlimited One-Day Delivery, instant access to movies and TV shows and secure unlimited photo storage. Available to new Prime members only.
Amazon Prime

If you sign up you’ll also be able to access Prime exclusive deals on 15th July.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Dam already have Amazon Prime, can we buy now at this price, and then when my Amazon Prime expire a can redeem this one? lol
Probably not

It says available to new prime members only so would assume if you have it already you won't be able to get the offer price.

You will still be able to get the exclusive deals on the 15 July wihich is for Prime members only.

'Prime Day is a global shopping event, offering more deals than Black Friday, exclusively for Prime members. On Wednesday, 15th July new and existing members will be able to shop for thousands of Lightning Deals.'

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Dam already have Amazon Prime, can we buy now at this price, and then when my Amazon Prime expire a can redeem this one? lol
Probably not
I just clicked the link and got this message:
We're sorry, SteveAWOL
This offer is only available to new Prime members. As a Prime member you already enjoy Unlimited One-Day Delivery, as well as access to movies and TV shows, unlimited photo storage and the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

Amazon are losing out on a Prime subscription because of a stupid Lovefilm policy. I have the 3 Discs At A Time subscription, which is no longer available, and a subscription to Prime Instant Video (The previous single payment was split in to two separate payments when their streaming service was rebranded as Prime Instant Video). If I cancel the Prime Instant Video subscription and buy a yearly Prime subscription, I will have my Lovefilm subscription downgraded to 2 discs, which is something I don't want to happen. It's all just a little be frustrating.

Brilliant - I signed up for the 30 day trial on the 6th June. I'd expected some sort of "end of trial" reminder email as we approached the point of taking payment, but they've just taken the money and I can't get this offer either. I only signed up to see what was on offer in streaming video - and ended up paying separately for the Walking Dead series I wanted too.

If it's any help to anybody, my Prime was due to be renewed on Monday - the day they announced the £20 discount for new members. I dropped Amazon CS a friendly email to say I was disappointed that, as a loyal Prime user, there was no discount and lo and behold within an hour I has a nice email back to say they would credit £20 back to my card, which went through today.

Obviously having my renewal date within the discount period helped, but it can't hurt for existing customers to ask, just be nice!

I've been on the fence about Prime for ages, but at this price I've given it a punt. I think that with Prime Video and Netflix I've now got most of my TV/Movie needs covered so can probably do away with Sky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom