Amazon Prime - Delivery Times

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm a paid up Amazon Prime customer.

I am well aware of the various online discussions/complaints that one day delivery isn't necessary one day delivery - it depends on the time of day ordered so it could arrive on the 2nd day.

I get that, but just placed a Prime order from Amazon (not an Amazon reseller) and was surprised to see the Prime delivery options. First Class - 4 business days or Expedited - 3 business days.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes I saw that one some Gin the other day - it was in stock and prime eligable, but it wasn't going to come the next day despite being before the cutoff.

I've been trying it out for a few weeks on the trial. It's quite 'fun', but I don't think it's worth it.

It's some Cressi Mask Anti-Fog spray.

Cressi Antifog Spray: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

I've seen items that say that it might take extra days but this one doesn't. It is Amazon, it is in stock, but delivery times offered are 4 and 3 days.

Perhaps it is because it is a liquid, perhaps it is because it is cheap but there is no explanation listed.

Cheers,

Nigel

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes - looks like they can't confirm the dispatch time for some reason:

prime-logo_buybox-bg._V140029330_.gif

Quantity:

or 1-Click Checkout
Get it:
Dispatches in 1-2 days
Free Expedited

It's on back order due in on 15th. Only tells you this if you click on '7 new' to see other sellers.

Top one is then amazon and it tells you. Not quite in stock then is it amazon!!

It's on back order due in on 15th. Only tells you this if you click on '7 new' to see other sellers.

Top one is then amazon and it tells you. Not quite in stock then is it amazon!!

Wow, popular stuff. When I ordered it there were 5 left in stock.

I guess when I started the order there were 5 in stock but by the time I checked out they had been sold.

Cheers,

Nigel

It is when you can share it with family/ friends and split the cost.

The problem is that super-saver delivery is free, and it is very rare that I care how quickly something is delivered. Plus sharing with non-householders is against the T&Cs of course :p

It comes in handy for us, we probably get 2 or 3 items from Amazon a week (I say we, I mean the wife). Need to order a car booster seat and some travel adaptors before we go away on Friday, Prime means we don't have to worry about them coming on time.

The problem is that super-saver delivery is free, and it is very rare that I care how quickly something is delivered. Plus sharing with non-householders is against the T&Cs of course :p

I had no problem with Super Saver - never wanted anything that much in a hurry and if I did I could always pay for faster delivery.

That was until they started adding the lmits on Super Saver - I waould often buy single books and disks that were less than £10. Now I would have to arrange to bulk up my orders which is okay, but inconvenient for those spur of the moment bargains. I couldn't have completed the order which started this post on Super Saver for example.

I do like Prime but I don't consider that I bought it. I was on Lovefilm by Post which I wanted to keep and when it was moved to Amazon Prime at an initial £49 it worked out cheaper doing it that way then continue my monthly subscription - so Prime Delivery came as a bonus. When it comes to renew next year at £79 I will have to reconsider it.

The problem (which is what Amazon have designed all along) is that by then, my family will have become used to having Prime.

Cheers,

Nigel

The only reason that I took out Prime was that we were expecting our first baby and as such knew we'd be ordering quite a bit of stuff from Amazon. Also being a member of the Family club thing and Prime means we got a £25 voucher to spend on toys (which we knew we'd use) so in effect it only cost us £25 for the year. Plus I was already a member of Lovefilm so it made sense.

It is quite handy having the next day delivery but I'm not sure if I'd be bothered if I didn't have it. I'll certainly need to have a think when our membership is up for renewal at £79.

Prime stopped being worth the money for me when they started that Amazon Logistics nonsense. Almost every order is either lost or delayed, with the majority claiming they were "unable to deliver" despite me being in all day - they simply haven't bothered to try. Amazon Instant Video isn't even really doing anything for me any more as it seems it's rarely updated. The only thing that really had me was Black Sails, and I can get that elsewhere if I want.

Ultimately though, if Amazon want my £79 next year, they'll need to ditch those delivery cowboys, but that's unlikely...

This is my second year as a Prime customer and make extensive use of it (easily place at least one order a week) . I was originally going to cancel at the end of this years subscription due to the price hike for Prime Instant Video, but have found that we use that loads too so will likely keep it.

I find it hard to use the live streaming as it's just not as good as blu ray (which I rent from them) in terms of pq and especially the lack of hd sound. Maybe not much in it for TV shows. I also found from when I had it earlier in the year that the movie content was pretty thin after you'd spent a couple of weeks on the good stuff.

Now if you could buy it a week at a time for holidays that might be good :)

Funnily enough now that you get the mp3s for free when you buy an album that makes it even less urgent to get the CD :)

This is my second year as a Prime customer and make extensive use of it (easily place at least one order a week) . I was originally going to cancel at the end of this years subscription due to the price hike for Prime Instant Video, but have found that we use that loads too so will likely keep it.

But is that one order a week where you really benefit from the Prime aspect? Honest question.

Prime stopped being worth the money for me when they started that Amazon Logistics nonsense. Almost every order is either lost or delayed, with the majority claiming they were "unable to deliver" despite me being in all day - they simply haven't bothered to try. Amazon Instant Video isn't even really doing anything for me any more as it seems it's rarely updated. The only thing that really had me was Black Sails, and I can get that elsewhere if I want.

Ultimately though, if Amazon want my £79 next year, they'll need to ditch those delivery cowboys, but that's unlikely...

I've used it about a dozen times in my trial and is been perfect every time. Maybe <cynic mode> they only use the top-rated deliverers for people on the trial :)

Probably about 85% of orders I benefit.

Thanks that's interesting. I find it hard to imagine really benefiting - especially when first class delivery is a couple of quid on most things I order - doesn't work on Sundays of course, or so late the previous day.

I've used it about a dozen times in my trial and is been perfect every time. Maybe <cynic mode> they only use the top-rated deliverers for people on the trial :)
I use them a lot and I haven't yet really had a problem with them, except once when they emailed to say they were delivering that day and didn't, then emailed the same the following day and did. But I imagine it depends a lot which drivers you get.

Been using prime for a few years now. Only time there was a problem was when they used to use royal mail for small parcels it used to take 2-3 days. But for the last 2 years, It's been flawless, even getting next day deliveries on Sundays and bank holidays, usually by the amazon logistics people.
As I used to move around for work a lot I've had deliveries to quite a few addresses in the Midlands, Cambridgeshire, London and Hampshire.
I won't be renewing next month though, as I'm using amazon a lot less now. Plus since they introduced prime instant video (I don't use it) the price has jumped up. I probably would have continued if they offered one day delivery minus the video streaming service at roughly what I paid last year.

I think it's very much down to locale, as there's people who have never had issues, and then there's me, who seems to be emailing Amazon for pretty much every other order... And that's not to mention the fact it goes "Out for Delivery" at about 6:45am, and can turn up any time until 9pm, which means you need to make sure you don't order anything to arrive on any day you might have plans...

I had a delivery by Amazon Logistics while on my last trial. It turned up just after 8pm on a Friday night.......to an office address.

Okay more weirdness. It seems that I did get my order in whilst they still had stock.

Got an email just after 1pm this afternoon saying that it had been despatched. So next day delivery, that will with me tomorrow? Nope will be delivered on Thursday.

I do get the feeling that Amazon might be trying to slow down the service on low value items. Perhaps with the Prime Video service they now have too many customers ordering low value items on Prime.

After all sending my £4.94 order by Prime - can they even making a profit?

I'm not complaining, just observing - Thursday is plenty quick enough.

Cheers,

Nigel

Okay more weirdness. It seems that I did get my order in whilst they still had stock.

Got an email just after 1pm this afternoon saying that it had been despatched. So next day delivery, that will with me tomorrow? Nope will be delivered on Thursday.

I do get the feeling that Amazon might be trying to slow down the service on low value items. Perhaps with the Prime Video service they now have too many customers ordering low value items on Prime.

After all sending my £4.94 order by Prime - can they even making a profit?

I'm not complaining, just observing - Thursday is plenty quick enough.

Cheers,

Nigel

If I'd have read this thread earlier, I would have posted out to you the 80% bottle I have in my man-drawer FOC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom