Bargain Expired Amazon Prime Day - Reduced Kindles?

imightbewrong

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Amazon Prime Day next week. Planning on getting daughter #3 a Kindle (Paperwhite) for her upcoming birthday. Do they reduce Kindles for this sale historically does anyone know?

All these Amazon Echo adverts bang on about how it can turn off the lights, turn on the oven etc. but can't find anything that explains how it operates the switches and buttons. :)

Cheers,

Nigel

You can all keep your Kindle devices, just give me the Echo Show! :D

<five minutes after trying to read a book with it>
"Alexa, buy me a Kindle, Amazon Prime Now delivery, confirm!"

I'm just hoping they do the Harmony Elite with £100 off like they did last year. Been kicking myself for not getting one then ever since.

PS: It's not next week, starts a week on Monday, 10pm.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping they do the Harmony Elite with £100 off like they did last year. Been kicking myself for not getting one then ever since.

I need to keep an eye out for that as well. My dog chewed my Ultimate last week! :(

I need to keep an eye out for that as well. My dog chewed my Ultimate last week! :(

Should have spent his bed money on a new remote ;)

To correct myself twice, it's 6pm on Monday and the Harmony Elite was a Black Friday week deal, not Prime Day, so I'm not holding out much hope, especially as Amazon themselves don't have any in stock.

Some deals already announced. Saving on tele and £30 off kids' Fire tablets (with two-year warranty even covering breakages). Might actually get one of them as the one-year-old's already broken the camera in the old iPad 2.

Last edited:
so I'm not holding out much hope, especially as Amazon themselves don't have any in stock.
Saying that, I've noticed Amazon sometimes making items 'out of stock' prior to them being added to the Black Friday sale.

Saying that, I've noticed Amazon sometimes making items 'out of stock' prior to them being added to the Black Friday sale.
That's kind of my hope. Guess it makes would stop any complaints of 'I paid £XX more last week'.

Other than the Elite I'm not sure there's much more I really want/need, other than another Echo Dot, which I'll probably get if they hit £40 again, and another Play: 1, but not sure what my ideal price is now after the recent price rise.

Think I read Hue starter kits will be reduced but I only really need one E27 bulb and that'll be enough for me, so fingers crossed for individual bulbs being reduced.

Why can't I see the deals on my computer browser, but I can on my Amazon mobile app?

Weird message inconsistency on the site:

upload_2017-7-8_11-53-28.png

click on that

upload_2017-7-8_11-54-14.png

I'm sure there are some subtelties I'm not getting - but I'm rating it *needs improvement*

I can't see them on the app, unless I'm being dense?
I'm not sure if those are Prime Day deals aleady, but I scrolled down on the app to where it says Deal of The Day and clicked on "Shop deals". There are quite a few deals there. I found them on the browser as well under "Deal of the day". 60 pages of deals

Last edited:
I'm not sure if those are Prime Day deals aleady, but I scrolled down on the app to where it says Deal of The Day and clicked on "Shop deals". There are quite a few deals there. I found them on the browser as well under "Deal of the day". 60 pages of deals
Amazon has 'Deal of the day' running every day of the year, so those aren't Prime Day deals.

Today is Saturday, the 8th...

Watching starts tomorrow, the 9th, sale starts on the 10th ahead of Prime Day itself on the 11th.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom