Amazon Prime 4KUHD

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Andy147, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Andy147

Andy147
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apologies if I’m not in the right forum

I have subscribed to Amazon Prime Video and have the following equipment , Samsung UHD TV/Amazon FireTV 4K/ Samsung YSP5600 soundbar.

I am streaming 4K content from Amazon Prime in 4K resolution. I know the broadcast is in 4K /UHD as the thumbnail and menu bar at the bottom confirms this. My issue is however that when viewing the program it intermittently fluctuates between HD -1080P then ULTRA HD this pattern continues. I can see this by pressing the remote and seeing the resolution code change on the menu bar. The picture resolution is also noticeably different when this occurs as expected. I don’t know why this is happening as all devices and connections are setup in 4K and are usuing the HDCP2.2 HDMI connections. Has anyone else experienced this and knows the reason? I don’t believe it’s the internet either as I have fibre broad band and we are getting 40 mbps into the house.

Thanks Andy

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,331
    Is it not conncted by WiFi? So your fibre connection speed is ommaterial - you need to look at the speed and quality of your WiFi. Possibly look also at sources of interference to it as well. Your symptoms point to an intermittent speed/quality of your WiFi