Kramer21

Novice Member
As with a lot of people these days I've been watching lots of streamed content and in my case Amazon Prime.

I have been very impressed with the TV series that are streamed in 4K HDR and I usually access this content via my Panasonic UHD blue ray player.

What's confusing me is that the HDR content will not play on my Panasonic TV's seperate Amazon Prime app and I get the same issue with our other TV which is a Sony in the other room and both are 4K HDR capable.

Am I missing something obvious here?

rammie

As with a lot of people these days I've been watching lots of streamed content and in my case Amazon Prime.

I have been very impressed with the TV series that are streamed in 4K HDR and I usually access this content via my Panasonic UHD blue ray player.

What's confusing me is that the HDR content will not play on my Panasonic TV's seperate Amazon Prime app and I get the same issue with our other TV which is a Sony in the other room and both are 4K HDR capable.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Do you mean it won't play at all using the app? Or it plays but just isn't HDR?

mikej

How does your TV and Blu-ray player receive a broadband signal ? Is it possible that the TV's connection is insufficient for streaming 4K ?

Kramer21

Novice Member
Both the TV and the player are hard wired to a linksys wireless extender. The wireless signal averages 40mbps and as I said the blue ray player outputs the HDR content flawlessly to the TV, but the standalone Amazon app on the Panasonic TV will only output a standard hd signal and no HDR. I have to say it's more of an issue for the other TV which currently does not have a UHD player connected to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom