Amazon Pre-orders

Nick_H

Established Member
Reaction score
Just sent this :

Hi. I'm just a little concerned about recieving my Xbox 360 in the first batch.

Can you confirm ( like other retailers ) that you will be processing orders on a first come first served basis ? ie People who ordered straight away on the 17th / 18th August will have their machine shipped first.

Thanks

How else would they decide who gets their machine if not first come first served?

Yeah, what do you expect em to say? Of course it's first come first served, only fair way to do it

zAndy1 said:
Yeah, what do you expect em to say? Of course it's first come first served, only fair way to do it

Yeah right. Thats why they make it perfectly clear here in their reply. First come first serverd..... Looks like I and others may have made a mistake in Amazon. At least Game have the courtasy to let the early pre-orders know they will get a machine ....

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Please accept our apologies for any confusion caused regarding order xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

Your order has not been dispatched because "Xbox 360 Console Deluxe Pack (Includes: Xbox 360, 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, ethernet cable, HD AV cable and headset)" has not yet been released. This is currently scheduled for release on November 28, 2005, and we will notify you if we find that this date changes.

As soon as we receive stock of this item from our supplier, we will dispatch your order. At the time of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery. As per our standard policy, we will not debit money from your payment card or bank account until just before we dispatch your order.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards

Anton Martin
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

That reads to me like an automated answer!

I get the impression that 'Anton Martin' didn't even read your email and spends all day sending replies like these.

I don't expect to hear any news on pre-orders until MS give a launch date & allocation numbers.

I had an identical email to that when I sent a message asking if they were going to honor the prices of the XBox 360 games that I pre-ordered, why bother responding at all if they arent even going to bother to read the email and answer the question.

Well I`m in the states begining of December. If they dont ship mine on the 28th I will try and get one over there so I am covered.

I really cant see there being much stock available for Europe. Might be alot of disappointed people :)

Lets face it they can onlt make about 1.5 million units in time for launch no way thats going to be enough everyone wants one of these for Christmas.

zAndy1 said:

But I know as a fact that this hasn't been the case for some special offers Amazon have done i.e. Sega Superstars for £2.96. I didn't get the deal (stock ran out apparently) whereas people who ordered after me did!? :confused:

I would like some confirmation that it is a first-come first-served order process.

It was the same as last time, we were all told to preorder cos there wont be enough, same thing thats happening here
" WE HAVE ONLY MADE SO MANY "
So everybody thinks there limited, and goes out and buys it quickly.
The fact is they have all these chinkies working round the clock for 40 pence a day building them, And if the they need more people they will go down to the nang pan village and get more of them involed... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tejstar said:
But I know as a fact that this hasn't been the case for some special offers Amazon have done i.e. Sega Superstars for £2.96. I didn't get the deal (stock ran out apparently) whereas people who ordered after me did!? :confused:

I would like some confirmation that it is a first-come first-served order process.
Because they acquired more stock - I know because it went out of stock then I ordered some more. :p

NackNack said:
Because they acquired more stock - I know because it went out of stock then I ordered some more. :p

It sucks though, as I should have got it for £2.96. Checking recently they still have stock at… £14.96! :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom