• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

amazon pre-orders for gt5

Scott23

Prominent Member
I pre ordered gt5 with amazon in august. The delivery date showing for my pre order is 17th December still, despite the new release date being confirmed. Has anyone else with an amazon pre order for gt5 got the same date? I am worried I will get a second batch of deliveries or something!

malk

Prominent Member
I pre ordered gt5 with amazon in august. The delivery date showing for my pre order is 17th December still, despite the new release date being confirmed. Has anyone else with an amazon pre order for gt5 got the same date? I am worried I will get a second batch of deliveries or something!

Yes,mine is the same.
Im thinking of canceling,then re-ordering,to see if it changes.

humanfish

Prominent Member
I preordered from amazon yesterday, with free delivery, and the est date for delivery is 25-27 November.

Scott23

Prominent Member
Hmmmm seems odd doesn't it. I rarely pre-order games and this is one of the reasons why. Can amazon be emailed to check this out? Do they have an email address?

Scott23

Prominent Member
Hmmm. I changed the delivery method to super saver and then back to 1st class and the delivery date changed to the release date. Weird!

dennis1

Established Member
pre-ordered mine from play,they are showing 24th nov as release date. lets hope so,its been a long time coming.

dennis1

Established Member
bought the ps3 almost 3 years ago just for GT5,as it was due for release then,lets hope its they dont delay it again,or the ps3 goes and an XBOX with forza 3 will be bought. :laugh:

Scott23

Prominent Member
:) don't do it. I found forza a bit boring after a while. Good game but nothing to hold my attention after a while

GMC79

Distinguished Member
bought the ps3 almost 3 years ago just for GT5,as it was due for release then,lets hope its they dont delay it again,or the ps3 goes and an XBOX with forza 3 will be bought. :laugh:

Me too, went and bought one especially for the Oct '07 launch. :rotfl: Little did i know id not have it yet. Same for "GT4 Mobile" got psp from US in advance for launch day waited 5yrs for that too :laugh:
Think they both were just marketing gimmiks, release naff dates and sell a wad of consoles.. :rolleyes:
G25 ready tho so cant wait, at least it's here :smashin:
Hope it's good cos car and track list is pretty dissapointing, like GT4 HD

Not gonna order online with a big release like this cancelled it, will pop in somewhere and grab one, much safer bet.

Last edited:

Nezben

Distinguished Member
Not gonna order online with a big release like this cancelled it, will pop in somewhere and grab one, much safer bet.

Have just done exactly that.
Cancelled my Amazon pre order as they are terrible for deliveries and going to pick it up with a gift card i have on the high street.

zt1903

Distinguished Member

Could be worse, you could have bought it for Duke Nuke Em Forever!

the id

Established Member
Has anyone had their email from amazon yet to say their copy has been dispatched?

No movement with my order...bit worried that although ordered to receive on day of release the amount that needs to be sent out could delay delivery...here's hoping it arrives on the 24th or optimistically before. :rolleyes:

War

Mr Nook

Distinguished Member
No movement with my order...bit worried that although ordered to receive on day of release the amount that needs to be sent out could delay delivery...here's hoping it arrives on the 24th or optimistically before. :rolleyes:

War

Same here. I paid the extra couple of quid for 1st class to get it on the 24th so I'm not expecting any delays but also I would be surprised if it turns up any earlier.

RDB

malk

Prominent Member
Same here. I paid the extra couple of quid for 1st class to get it on the 24th so I'm not expecting any delays but also I would be surprised if it turns up any earlier.

RDB

Just had a quick peek at my order status,"hasnt been dispatched"oh no.
Looks like im in for a non-stop "disapeering ito the bog"at work again.(to check my e-mails,of course.)(oh,and deffinately,not my she-mails.)

Jason56d

Prominent Member
I ordered mine in August as well. Wanted to make sure it turned up on release date as Amazon have always delivered on time for me.

Still 2 days to go, and mine has not been sent yet. But as a Prime member am positive it will be here Wednesday! :thumbsup:

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
Are you joking ?

Mr Nook

Distinguished Member
Mine's has changed from "not yet dispatched" to "dispatching soon" :thumbsup:

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
Not yet dispatched
Dispatch Estimate: 23 Nov 2010

Delivery Estimate: 25 Nov 2010

:(