Quantcast

amazon plasma returns ?

tabs

hi, im not sure if this is in the wrong section, my apologies if it is..

been waiting like a kid on christmas eve to get home today for my Samsung PS51F5500 delivered from amazon, only to find that as i slid her gently from the box to be greeted with a smashed screen :( gutted to say the least as ive been waiting 5 days for new stock to appear ..

now then, im a tad confused here, as it states that im responsible for the cost of the return :eek: .. its a 51inch plasma tv for gods sake, its gonna cost me a fortune to send this back .. surely im seeing things here, if anyone else has had any experience with this i'd be grateful of any help on the matter, thankyou

RyanK

Distance selling act

They are responsible for getting the goods to you in A1 condition. They are therefore liable to arrange collection.

RyanK

Failing that call your credit card company to stop the payment explaining the situation!!! Retailers will always act when that happens :)

tabs

why me o lord .. just rung them, (india call centre) but he was actually very good, i told him, im not being funny, but how on earth am i supposed to drag a 6ft box up 5 streets to a post office with mahoosive shards of glass sticking out like a porcupine on heat .. so he arranged the replacement to come and the collection of the morris minor windscreen to be collected at the same time .. phewwww, thanks lads

tabs

i knew it was gonna go a tad skew wift the way it was stacked in the van when i went out to help him carry it, but.. the box never had a blemish on it..

RyanK

Great news

However this emphases why I wouldn't get a large tv delivered by a national carrier.

digitaldonut82

Maybe if it's fragile goods and says so on the box, the delivery company should take more care in delivering it. Glad you got it sorted anyway:thumbup:

tabs

trouble is, who knows where it was smashed, it coulda been the delivery from the manufacturer to the stockist etc, or the stockist to the buyer, but it was city link who delivered it, so thats probably guilty without a trial ;-)

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Glad to hear you've got it sorted out which I never doubted would be the case. Better luck with the replacement. :)

Cheers,

Martin.

tabs

wow, fairplay to amazon, i just checked and theres a replacement already for despatch before the smashed one is returned .. credit where its due

lindzap

Novice Member
wow, fairplay to amazon, i just checked and theres a replacement already for despatch before the smashed one is returned .. credit where its due
Excellent, that's what I would have expected. Good service, no messing around, that's why they are where they are.

tabs

got my replacement this morning, and it was all in tact .. to say im blown away is an understatement .. big thumbs up for amazon for the mega fast no hassle turn around, and same again to samsung for building such a great bit of kit thats loaded to the max for just over £600 ..superb