• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazon or Sony shop?

string

Established Member
Difficult decision here. I was pricing a z4500 46" and seen Amazon offering them at around £1500. I was in town today and went into a Sony shop they want £1850 for the same tv but are throwing in a bluray player, sorry can't remember the number. Both are free delivery and have the new 3 year warranty. I have a ps3 for bluray.
I'm aware of the advantages of buying local in the event of a fault, are there any other reasons why I should choose the Sony shop deal?

dalboy

Established Member
I find Amazon excellent with TV's. Especially if theres a problem. They send out a replacement no problem, while they pick up the faulty one.

Cant fault them.

5to1

Prominent Member
A word of warning about Sony Stores.

They are infact franchises and not directly owned by Sony. Normally large companies have very tight controls on their franchise operators, meaning you should get an equivelant level of service accross the board.

Unfortunately my experience has been very different with Sony stores. Some have been great, whereas others have simply passed the buck back and fourth between them and Sony.

Given that, unless you know the particular Sony store, I would ignore the Sony name on the front. Buying from them is no different then buying from any other independant. If you run into trouble your left to the mercy of the franchisee.

Therefore, I would suggest you buy from Amazon. Given the price difference, i'd be amazed if you couldn't pick up an equivelant BD player for the same money.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom