• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazon no longer on release day?

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Noticed the other day on Amazons site on the item description page it by the price to get GT5 on release day choose 1st class. This has now been taken off and 1st class delivery is now saying 25th!

Very strange :(

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
That is strange:confused: Just check my pre-order (chose 1st class, get it on day of release) and still showing as delivery on 24th.

Heres hoping:lease:

tigermad

Distinguished Member
That is strange:confused: Just check my pre-order (chose 1st class, get it on day of release) and still showing as delivery on 24th.

Heres hoping:lease:

Says up to 2 business days now. Oh well ordered a ps3 too hopefully it will come by the time i get the console.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Royal Mail do not guarantee next day delivery with standard 1st class. And recorded delivery merely adds a signature requirement to a normal stamp. Only RMSD guarantees the next day delivery you ask for. Hence you pay the privilege for that guarantee and a separate van network for RMSD items is used

All Amazon have merely done is cover their backs from over-anxious gamers

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Royal Mail do not guarantee next day delivery with standard 1st class. And recorded delivery merely adds a signature requirement to a normal stamp. Only RMSD guarantees the next day delivery you ask for. Hence you pay the privilege for that guarantee and a separate van network for RMSD items is used

Yes but it was listed on Amazon as receive on release day. So if people dont get it on release day who have already ordered they wont be happy bunnies.

tigermad

Distinguished Member

Also I know for a fact that 1st class doesn't always mean Royal Mail. Amazon have been known to send by whatever method they see fit. They don't always use Royal Mail.

Steven

Senior Moderator
In that case maybe the new message only applies to orders placed from thereon* and existing orders already past the dotted line will make Wednesday. Why not just email Amazon and wait for the reply in the morning (if their support team work Sundays)

*being when the item description page was changed

You can also use Amazon Prime one month trial. Just remember to cancel it

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom