Amazon Musie to Chromecast or Echo Dot Quality?

Witterings

If I'm using a tablet / phone and want to cast Amazon Music to either a Chromecast Audio or an Alexa Dot / Input (both plugged in via analogue) does anyone know which should be better quality?

I'm guessing if you cast to Chromecast from a tablet / phone, the quality may depend on the device you're casting from as in essence it's relaying it from the device you're casting from .... although the Chromecast has the built in DAC.

If you cast using the Amazon App connected to a device, I believe it's not the phone that's actually doing the casting it's just instructing the connected Alexa device to cast instead.

Does anyone know which should be the higher quality and is it dependant on the device you're casting from?

Lotusj oey

I haven't looked into this for a while because I use a node 2i but a couple of years ago when I was looking at the best options for streaming Amazon HD, Google cast only supported 320kbps.

Google isn't listed in Amazons preferred partners on the Amazon HD page so I would imagine this is still the case. A quick read on the Amazon music HD FAQ page states that echo devices, gen2 and above support full resolution. So I'd think you will get better quality using the dot over chromecast.

(https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CBAQAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw2mti-xFe__BLJNl5DwQ1Wd)

larkone

If I'm using a tablet / phone and want to cast Amazon Music to either a Chromecast Audio or an Alexa Dot / Input (both plugged in via analogue) does anyone know which should be better quality?

I'm guessing if you cast to Chromecast from a tablet / phone, the quality may depend on the device you're casting from as in essence it's relaying it from the device you're casting from .... although the Chromecast has the built in DAC.

If you cast using the Amazon App connected to a device, I believe it's not the phone that's actually doing the casting it's just instructing the connected Alexa device to cast instead.

Does anyone know which should be the higher quality and is it dependant on the device you're casting from?
Can't your ears tell the difference if there is one? If there is no difference why worry?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom