Question Amazon Music Single Device Plan

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by terencejames, Jul 26, 2019.

1. terencejames

terencejames

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +199
      Has anyone ever managed to subscribe to Amazon Musics Single Device Plan? I've got a Harmon Kardon Allure portable with Alexa. If I ask it to downgrade my account, like the Amazon website suggests, it tells me to do it online. If I go online, the option is greyed out and the info says to do it by asking Alexa. It's infuriating. I've done a webchat and the rep said he'd sorted it but looking at my account, it's still on the unlimited account! Arrrgghhh.

2. Jamie

Jamie

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,415
      I'm not convinced the single device plan is available for 3rd party devices. All the mentions of it all specifically mention it being available for echo devices or fire TV devices.

Also the single device plan does still have unlimited in the name so it's possible it's been changed properly (if I'm wrong in my first point above)

3. terencejames

terencejames

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +199
      I thought that too but the Amazon rep seemed to think that it was now sorted?

4. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +124
      Definitely only works with echo devices.
      Had a frustrating time with this. Originally asked my echo dot to try Amazon Music Unlimited (this is supposed to start the single device plan £3.99/month, but with a months free trial) so tried it with an echo dot & a Sonos Play 1, all worked fine UNTIL the free trial was finished & then nope only works with the dot, as soon as you set the Play 1 as a preferred speaker does not work. Only with the individual plan (£9.99 /month) ie multiple devices are you able to stream.
      Think connecting a bluetooth speaker and using an echo dot should work though.
      Bit annoying that even though I selected the single device plan and for the first month thought "this is great" then to realise that in fact its set as a Individual device plan as the trial:(
      Had a moan with Amazon as I think they should set the trial according to the plan you choose

5. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +124
      Single device plan is still unlimited btw
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11368385031

Amazon’s $3.99 Echo-only plan for Amazon Music Unlimited is litterally for a single device

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    6. terencejames

terencejames

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +199
      I was hoping that because my speaker has Alexa installed it might be OK. Surely it makes sense for Amazon to allow its licensed products to use a single device plan?

7. stinky69

stinky69

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +14
      Does it work with deezer? I use my echo to play from deezer which Alexa does for me once my account was set up by the deezer app. I use the thai deezer which works out very cheap.