Amazon music HD skipping question

MartinGH1369

Bonjourno.

I have a Denon RCD-M41DAB system with some Monitor Audio speakers connected.

When I try to use Amazon music HD via Bluetooth, the app or the system, not sure which, is skipping the first 10 or so seconds of every song.

I've tried reconnecting the Bluetooth but the issue persists.

Spotify does not have this issue but they don't offer an HD option as yet. For now I want to stick with Amazon music HD (I will swap as soon as Spotify release their HiFi service, if they ever manage it!🤣) so I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this issue? The system doesn't have a U.S.B. port so I can't even plug my phone in to use it that way.

Is there a way to update the systems firmware or anything like that?

larkone

Amazon HD via Bluetooth will not be HD by the time you transmit it over Bluetooth - Bluetooth SBC is a lossy compression originally designed to connect phones to car systems so will degrade Amazon's stream, especially as the Denon does not have the higher quality Bluetooth AptX or AptXHD. You will not lose anything listening to Spotify in the same way and it has the advantage it does not skip.

tcco99

Novice Member
Bonjourno.

I have a Denon RCD-M41DAB system with some Monitor Audio speakers connected.

When I try to use Amazon music HD via Bluetooth, the app or the system, not sure which, is skipping the first 10 or so seconds of every song.

I've tried reconnecting the Bluetooth but the issue persists.

Spotify does not have this issue but they don't offer an HD option as yet. For now I want to stick with Amazon music HD (I will swap as soon as Spotify release their HiFi service, if they ever manage it!🤣) so I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this issue? The system doesn't have a U.S.B. port so I can't even plug my phone in to use it that way.

Is there a way to update the systems firmware or anything like that?
I have had to resort to using a spare Acer Chromebook to run the Amazon Music HD app and that Bluetooth's fine to a Denon Heos CEOL N10.

If I use the Denon app, it does as you describe. Using the Amazon app should work okay.

mseve1

Spotify does not have this issue but they don't offer an HD option as yet. For now I want to stick with Amazon music HD (I will swap as soon as Spotify release their HiFi service, if they ever manage it! // 🤣) so I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this issue?
I seriously doubt whether the you can hear any difference in quality between Amazon HD and the current Spotify Premium 320kbs streams on your Denon/MA system. Also, the forthcoming lossless Spotify Hifi service will provide practically no real world difference in SQ over their current offering so I don't see the point in waiting until it arrives to change your source provider.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom