Amazon Music Download Queries

Witterings

A couple of queries re downloading Amazon Music to your device having never done it before.

If I download music say to a phone and at some point in the future decide I'd rather pay a subscription to say Spotify or Tidal .... does anybody know what happens to the downloads and if they're still available or not.

Also I use a few different devices, is there any way that they can be synced and you only have to find a song / album once and it automatically downloads it to the other devices?

Just as a general comment, if ever you did change streaming provider it'd be a nightmare. It took me hours just to go in and sort what artists and then what albums I wanted to put into the library and the same again for setting up various playlists so to have to do it all again including downloaded material with a different provider would just make it worse.

bobdylan

Any downloads are encrypted so once you cease your sub then they would become unusable

Witterings

Any downloads are encrypted so once you cease your sub then they would become unusable

I thought that may be the case otherwise people would pay for unlimited for a month, download everything they want and then cease the paid membership.

Helps them keep their userbase as well as people become reluctant to move knowing how much work it'd be to mirror their currents playlist / libraries on another service.

Perfectly happy with Amazon at the moment and no thoughts of moving but future price hikes and you never know, that could change.

jamieu

Just as a general comment, if ever you did change streaming provider it'd be a nightmare.

There are a bunch of online services and apps to help with that particular problem. But they all rely on string matching the song and album titles, in addition to those songs or albums existing on the streaming platform you're moving to.

Witterings

There are a bunch of online services and apps to help with that particular problem. But they all rely on string matching the song and album titles, in addition to those songs or albums existing on the streaming platform you're moving to.

Cheers for that ... much appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom