Amazon MR players - Tosh SD120E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dear Mr Echo, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Dear Mr Echo

Dear Mr Echo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi
    Just a quickie...
    The region change on the DVD players that Amazon sell... is it usually automatic?

Specifially we bought a Toshiba SD120E Multi region from Amazon just before Xmas last year (2002) - today is the first time they have tried to play an R1 disc (Finding Nemo) and it just keeps giving them an incorrect region error. Of course it could be that the region change isn't automatic and that they have to maually change it... but if that is the case then no instructions have been supplied.

I've e-mailed Amazon but who knows when they will get back to me! Can anyone shed any light or offer a solution?

cheers
    Andrew

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,179
    Longest post I've read this year ;)

Sounds like they have sent you an unmodded player to me mate.
    Region change should be automatic, some RCE discs require you to put in a "non RCE" disc in first, this sets the unit to R1 then the RCE disc will play.
    See what they have to say but I guess you'll be sending it back!!

3. Dear Mr Echo

Dear Mr Echo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Er... longest post? I don't know what you mean I'm sure ;) (damn you cut and paste!)

I think you might be right. The couple of replies I've had on the DVDForum have both had similar problems... we'll just have to see what Amazon have to say 14 months down the line!!!

cheers
    Andrew