Amazon Logistics - You thought Yodel were bad.......

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Reaction score
A new low for Amazon!

I buy a decent amount from Amazon, mostly for work but a lot personally too. I have a Prime membership and deliveries have always been spot on. Getting the orders next day is especially important and Amazon have achieved this most of the time.

But just the last few weeks I've noticed a new courier, Amazon Logistics. I get everything delivered to work and annoyingly Amazon Logistics are always trying to deliver at about 9pm, that's if they can find my work address in the first place. Then the other issue is the parcels are not signed for at all. They just hand them to you and run away back into their van.

I'm going to have to seriously consider my Prime renewal if they keep using Amazon Logistics and I'm not alone in my concerns.

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Discussions: Amazon logistics? New couriers for Amazon?

I'm not going to have a go at the delivery guys, I can imagine how little they probably get paid per parcel and how many they have to do each day, but Amazon surely can't expect people to pay for a Prime service and get this sort of delivery service?

I'd be happy if they went back to Yodel over Amazon Logistics and that really is saying something.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Easy now Greg!

I get where you're coming from... but Yodel?!!!!!

Lol I actually haven't had issues with proper Yodel couriers, the subbies they use however... Would love to throttle a few of those lying shitbags

Had Amazon logistics a few times. Namely a woman in a car
You thought about Amazon lockers? Seem like there is loads of them around

We had a bed delivered Friday tracked online and we had a time slot. I text the wife to ask if it's been delivered as I had seen delivered on the tracking site. She said no. Turns out they delivered it leaving it with the next door neighbour outside. I found this out after I called them saying it says delivered but it's not at my house.

I just said to the missus the other day that the world is changing very fast, that amazon air proves it.

But will it really work?

I've not idea! I guess one day for sure but many suspect this is more of a pr stunt.

From my experience it's been fantastic. I ordered something the Easter weekend on saturday, got a dispatch note Easter Sunday, tracking info and the item was delivered Easter Monday. We were out so the item was left with a neigbour, no card but I had an email telling me which neighbour it was left with and the time it was dropped off.

From my experience it's been fantastic. I ordered something the Easter weekend on saturday, got a dispatch note Easter Sunday, tracking info and the item was delivered Easter Monday. We were out so the item was left with a neigbour, no card but I had an email telling me which neighbour it was left with and the time it was dropped off.

For weekend and days when you normally wouldn't get a delivery it probably is great, but as I use it mostly for work, the weekends and out of hours delivery doesn't make it any good for me anymore.

For weekend and days when you normally wouldn't get a delivery it probably is great, but as I use it mostly for work, the weekends and out of hours delivery doesn't make it any good for me anymore.
Do they only deliver out of hours then?

They do in my area. They do retry during normal hours the next day, but the first attempt is usually at 8pm or later.
Maybe it'll take time for them to refine the service, for the delivery people to realise it's a business address and it's pointless trying to deliver during the evenings.

Amazon Logistics have been faultless in the 4 months or so they have been delivering here. They can turn up quite late though... And it seems to quite deliberately be a not signed for service via free Prime, because they often check whether it needs signing for before handing it over.

They do in my area. They do retry during normal hours the next day, but the first attempt is usually at 8pm or later.
It's the same for me with Yodel, it's always 6-7PM. Maybe it's just Yodel in Amazon disguise?

But why do you get upset if a next day order doesn't arrive in time, if you know you won't be there? :confused:

In honesty, if you're using Prime, isn't there a 'will deliver by' scenario?

We use Prime all the time and the Logistics folks normally turn up circa 3.30pm, but I *think* the agreement is that they can deliver up to 7pm.

Having said that, if it is up to 7pm and you're not going to be at work after 5pm (just as an example there), then either Prime isn't for you, or getting delivered to work isn't.

You can track the item (vaguely!) in My Orders within your Amazon Account and I have a feeling it says about delivery times in there.

I've had items (that were ordered from Amazon themselves and not even 'Fulfilled by Amazon) arrive a day late and when I rang them and spoke to them, they apologised and gave me a free 1 month extension on our Prime membership, but in honesty, I think you need to understand what the earliest/latest delivery times are and see if deliveries to work at viable (or maybe just for 'important' items, if they will deliver the day during 'normal' hours?).

Amazon Logistics usually get to my work pretty "late", usually around 5:30pm. I'm used to it now, but the first few times it was pretty annoying as I don't actually receive it "next day" because I leave work by 4pm.

But why do you get upset if a next day order doesn't arrive in time, if you know you won't be there? :confused:

In honesty, if you're using Prime, isn't there a 'will deliver by' scenario?

We use Prime all the time and the Logistics folks normally turn up circa 3.30pm, but I *think* the agreement is that they can deliver up to 7pm.

Having said that, if it is up to 7pm and you're not going to be at work after 5pm (just as an example there), then either Prime isn't for you, or getting delivered to work isn't.

You can track the item (vaguely!) in My Orders within your Amazon Account and I have a feeling it says about delivery times in there.

I've had items (that were ordered from Amazon themselves and not even 'Fulfilled by Amazon) arrive a day late and when I rang them and spoke to them, they apologised and gave me a free 1 month extension on our Prime membership, but in honesty, I think you need to understand what the earliest/latest delivery times are and see if deliveries to work at viable (or maybe just for 'important' items, if they will deliver the day during 'normal' hours?).

:laugh: I'm not getting upset.

It's only this last batch of orders from the last week that have changed to Amazon Logistics. Before that it was always next day. Amazon have put a note on my account now to say it's a business address and to deliver in business hours. They've just delivered this morning actually, so fingers crossed for future orders.

I've been a Prime member since it started and apart from a few issues the vast majority of items have been next day without fail.

I don't buy much from Amazon but when I do I try to use collect+ service and pick up from the local Spar shop on my way home.

Angry bump!!!

Ordered an item the Sunday before Xmas and paid for the expedited delivery service, with an initial delivery date set as 24/12/14. This didn't happen, so I contacted them via their chat support and apparently delivery was rearranged today before 9.00pm - I can accept that sometimes things go wrong, but when I received a notification on my phone that they attempted delivery 15 minutes ago (which is a lie!) I nearly lost it.

Nobody drove down my quiet cul-de-sac and rang my doorbell, otherwise the dog would have gone nuts and I'd have answered the door.

No card was left, which has really pissed me off. Delivery is now rescheduled for tomorrow, with instructions if I am not around to sign for the item.

With one of the other major courier companies folding this week and Amazon Logistics being a joke, deceitful and totally untrustworthy I wish they would use DPD.

Rant over!!

I placed an order on the 17th with next day delivery. It was split between two deliverys and one turned up, the other didn't. Bear in mind this was Christmas presents

Spoke to them over chat and as they had lost the tracking information, they phoned the carrier. The impression that I was given was that the carrier wasn't sure where it was and that they would try delivering the next day, no use as it was a Saturday and it was being delivered to my work address, or Monday.

I asked if that could be confirmed and the person I was talking to said that they can't confirm it until the carrier had emailed them. Why did they have to wait for confirmation if they were just on the phone to them :rolleyes:

They then said, if it hadn't arrived by the 23rd, to let them know and they would refund it. That would work wouldn't it as it was Christmas presents and it would leave me with no way of getting them :mad:

In the end, I just said that as they had agreed to next day delivery as they had dispatched it and so failed to deliver on that, to resend the order and get the one that they didn't seem to know where it was sent back to them.

The new order turned up the next day by Royal Mail and DPD (split again) and guess what, the lost one turned up pretty damn quick back, before the Monday, at their returns department :rolleyes:

Apart from one hiccup where an item was out for delivery two days on the trot with no explanation as to why it wasn't delivered the first time Amazon logistics have been fine for me. Then again I said the same about yodel and then got them on camera faking a failed delivery.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom