jwong

Standard Member
Reaction score
According to Amazon, FireTV 2017 and the recent released FireTV Cube are able to support Dolby Atmos, what exactly is that mean? I have both devices, the highest audio output format of both devices is Dolby Digital Plus. When I played sample Dolby Atoms videos from Yontube via the FireTV, I could not get the FireTV to output Dolby Atoms bitstream to the receiver (Onyko TX-NR676). So, my questions are, what exactly is that mean when Amazon claims that Dolby Atoms are supported by FireTV? Is it possible to have FireTV outputs Dolby Atoms bit stream to the receiver at all? Thank you.

It’s a lossy form of Atmos that it supports, like on the Xbox for example. But there is no material available to take advantage of it on the Fire. Netflix doesn’t on the Fire but does on the Xbox. It’s currently no more than a marketing headline.

It’s a lossy form of Atmos that it supports, like on the Xbox for example. But there is no material available to take advantage of it on the Fire. Netflix doesn’t on the Fire but does on the Xbox. It’s currently no more than a marketing headline.
Thank you for your reply.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom