Amazon FireTV 4k Disney+ 4k problem

digitaldave

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Amazon Fire TV 4k stick connected to the hdmi port on my Dell P2715Q 4k monitor, but although it will show 4k content from Netflix, Amazon etc correctly, it won’t show anything on Disney+ as 4k, despite several other TVs (and another Fire TV 4k stick connected to my tv and amp) showing it in the correct resolution. The monitor supports HDCP 2.2, which I believe is needed for 4k streaming.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks.

edit: apparently the Fire TV stick 4k connected to my amp / tv doesn’t show 4k either for some reason.

Last edited:
I’ve done some more research, and it seems that it may be because the monitor and the tv connected to the amp, don’t support HDR, but the two Samsung TVs that do show 4k do support HDR. According to the thread below, Disney+ doesn’t stream 4k in sdr:

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I’ve done some more research, and it seems that it may be because the monitor and the tv connected to the amp, don’t support HDR, but the two Samsung TVs that do show 4k do support HDR. According to the thread below, Disney+ doesn’t stream 4k in sdr:

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

What HDCP ports do the TV's that support 4K have. Does your HDMI cable support 18Gbps ?

I think the problem is that neither the monitor I tried it on, not the TV connected to the amp support HDR signals (although I believe the amp itself doesm it's a Denon AVR-X3500H). I tried putting the Fire stick in to a Samsung 43RU7100 (which does support HDR), and it would show things in 4K. I suppose the next step is to try the Fire stick directly in to the TV...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom