Amazon Fire TV - What's the best network music app?

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
I have all of my music ripped and on my network. I also sign up to Amazon Unlimited Music.

I can use the Fire TV Unlimited Music app to stream that music in my lounge, but occasionally there's music that I have ripped which isn't available there. I need an app that'll play music from my network.

If there's an app that'll do both (like on the SONOS I have in my kitchen), that's even better.

Anyone?

BTW, no I don't want to 'sideload' anything, or jump through multiple hoops. Just tell it where the music is so it can play it. Cheers.

Bubble UPNP is available on the Amazon Store.

I don't know what using the on-screen controls will be like on a fire device but you could also install bubble UPNP on an Android phone and control it from there.

Bubble UPNP is a UPNP renderer, control point and server all in one app so can work across devices in this manner.

MrMC an app store approved fork of Kodi is available on the FireTV (certain features removed to pass app store approval).

Should be able to play any kind of music through that from any network source, media servers, shared folders etc. you can plays raw files or generate a library with artwork, playslists etc. you can also use any of the tablet/phone Kodi remotes to control MrMC as well, some of which will display the media library.

Check out Plex and Emby.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom