• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazon Fire TV Stick, Stick Lite, and Stick 4K specs compared

D

Deleted member 765458

"
Amazon’s Fire TV line of devices now includes three different Fire TV Stick models with prices ranging from $30 to $50. But under the hood it turns out that all three models have remarkably similar hardware.

In fact, the $30 Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite and $40 Fire TV Stick are basically identical. The only difference is that the Lite model comes with a paired down Alexa Voice Remote Lite that lacks hardware buttons for controlling the volume and power on your TV. "

audigex

Established Member
I just spotted this too, and there's one other noticeable difference between the Fire TV Stick Lite: Dolby Atmos doesn't seem to be present on the Stick Lite, but is present on the Stick and Stick 4K

I believe this is the first time the Fire TV Stick has supported Atmos properly (it was listed once, but then quickly removed from the product page), so that's quite a big change.

So the three levels available are

- £30: HD
- £40: HD, Atmos, Volume + Power Buttons
- £50: 4K, HDR, Atmos, Volume + Power Buttons

That said, doubt many people are buying the Atmos/HD £40 model when there's the Atmos/4K model available for £50... there can't be too many people around who want Atmos but not 4K, I'd have thought. So really, the three levels are really, for most people: Cheap without volume controls for the spare room, HD for most of the house, 4K/Atmos for your home theatre setup

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Typically I just bought one (4K version) last week to see a new version coming out !!! Looking at the specs I don't think I'm missing out with the version I bought?

DKI

Established Member
Typically I just bought one (4K version) last week to see a new version coming out !!! Looking at the specs I don't think I'm missing out with the version I bought?

I see some assuming a new 4K stick is coming out because of the new HD sticks. Just also looked on the Amazon developer as well to double confirm and there is no new 4K Fire Stick.

They added HDR support for 1080 and lately some like Netflix do support HDR for 1080 but I am concerned for the future of amazon products since this version did drop Dolby Vision. I do hope the newer 4K version does support it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom