Question Amazon Fire TV Stick battery life

Discussion in 'Film & TV On Demand Streaming Services' started by Sarah7, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Sarah7

Sarah7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +791
    A couple of months ago, I replaced a first generation Amazon Fire TV Stick with the newer model that has Alexa voice control. I've also since replaced another one in the same way.

However, the initial (Amazon) set of batteries in the remote control for the first stick ran down in just 1 month and a second set of (Duracell) batteries again only lasted 1 month. I then tried some Uniross Ultra rechargeable batteries, which became flat within a week. This doesn't seem very reasonable and wasn't with particularly heavy usage. I upgraded mainly for the better stick specification and haven't been using the voice control features much at all.

Has anyone else encountered the same thing - is battery life very short for this generation of Amazon Fire TV Stick remote control? Or maybe it's a fault? I didn't have any battery life issues with the previous remote controls and it may still be a bit early to know whether or not my second new stick will have the same problem. I realise that I could probably go back to using the old remote controls with the new sticks, but would nevertheless like to establish whether or not this is normal behaviour, so that I can make an informed decision on returning the new ones if faulty.

2. Vila

Vila

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I don't have a fire stick to advise on battery life but have found by far and away the batteries with the longest life are 'energiser ultimate lithium'

3. Clem_Dye

Clem_Dye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    I have a first gen. firestick and after a year or so of light I'm still on the original set of batteries. I wonder if there's something going on by way of a link between the stick and the remote that might be causing this.

Clem

4. mtenga

mtenga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,998
    I think this is something to do with the remote constantly trying to connect Bluetooth, maybe to other devices. I’ve read about it in the past but can’t remember the solution. Worth some Google time.

5. bubs999

bubs999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +627
    Had the same with mine, contacted Amazon customer service via Twitter and they have given me £20 to replace the remote (although It seems I can spend it on anything sold by Amazon only)

Edit - only seems to affect my Amazon Fire TV and not my Fire stick with Alexa voice remote

6. Sarah7

Sarah7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +791
    Thanks, that's an interesting result. I'll contact Amazon if more searching doesn't find any solutions.