Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K

chinkw1

Standard Member
Hi,

I just ordered an amazon Fire Stick 4K (2018), ETA on Tuesday.

1. Does it come pre-installed with HBOMAX?

2. Currently, is HBOMax already available in Amazon Apps store? (i read somewhere that HBOMax is not).

3. I intend to plug tv stick to my DENON X4000 AVR. Any thing or settings that I should look out for?

Thanks, new user is always excited. 😊

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I’d doubt it would be preinstalled, however HBO Max is a US only service so you’d need a VPN or smart dns to use it outside of the US.

chinkw1

Standard Member
Hi gonzo,
Yes I m using vpn.
Do u have any clue for question 2 & 3 pls?
Fire TV Stick 4K can be plug ti AVR direct?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Not really as don’t use one myself.
However if it’s a UK device then it’s very likely that HBO Max wouldn’t actually be available in the UK Play Store.

mitch

Distinguished Member
Hi gonzo,
Yes I m using vpn.
Do u have any clue for question 2 & 3 pls?
Fire TV Stick 4K can be plug ti AVR direct?
Think you have to mess around with your address on Amazon.com and get it from there it will then pop up on your fire stick.

Toon Army

I have a 4k Firestick plugged directly into a rear hdmi socket on my X4400H. Only setting on AVR required is enhanced video under video settings.

dion 6

Hi,

I just ordered an amazon Fire Stick 4K (2018), ETA on Tuesday.

1. Does it come pre-installed with HBOMAX?

2. Currently, is HBOMax already available in Amazon Apps store? (i read somewhere that HBOMax is not).

3. I intend to plug tv stick to my DENON X4000 AVR. Any thing or settings that I should look out for?

Thanks, new user is always excited. 😊
Its not in the apps store because obviously its a US app not a UK one but it can be side loaded just Google how to side load HBO Max on a 4k firestick and there's loads of instructions on how to do it

Stan Hope

Banned
can i semi hijack this thread...{sorry @chinkw1 hope you've gotten the advice you needed}

i'm getting a Q95T delivered on tomorrow, would i really need a 4k firestick ? currently only £26.99, but even at that price, is it something i need, and if so why ?

oneman

can i semi hijack this thread...{sorry @chinkw1 hope you've gotten the advice you needed}

i'm getting a Q95T delivered on tomorrow, would i really need a 4k firestick ? currently only £26.99, but even at that price, is it something i need, and if so why ?
I've posted on the fire tv thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom