Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K plays stereo content as multi-channel

MrMandrake

Novice Member
I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K connected to a Marantz NR1508 AVR, and then on to an LG B9 TV.

For some reason, it will often (but not always) play stereo content as multi-channel audio with sound only coming out of the front left and right channels, so I cannot select any of the Dolby Pro-Logic or DTS Neo modes on the AVR. This seems to happen regardless of whether the Fire is set to PCM, Dolby Digital or automatic, and definitely affects both Netflix and Prime Video. Weirdly, it will sometimes work correctly and pass stereo as stereo and let me use Pro-Logic etc. Restarting the video a few times can coax it into co-operating, but obviously this is quite annoying to have to do and isn't a reliable fix.

Other sources (e.g. Freeview box, blu-ray) work fine, as do the same streaming services played from the TV via ARC (although that seems to have its own problems with lip sync that I can't correct).

Has anyone else seen this behaviour with the Fire TV Stick 4K or have any idea of how I can fix it?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom