Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen issue!

Waynester

Hi 😊 I’m based in the UK, I’m sending my Amazon Fire TV Cube back to QVC next week for a full refund, only got it in October - it’s the 2nd generation model but It has the older remote control, not the one which has the Disney and Netflix buttons on it, when fire cube is in use it seems to be okay, but then sometimes I press the remote to turn it on and my 3 year old Sony KD-55XF9005 television says it’s not connected and to check the input! which I do and I can’t see a problem, It’s connected properly! Fire cube is plugged into HDMI 3 ARC socket 🙄 I’ve tried 3 different Hdmi cables and every so often it still displays the same problem… any ideas what’s up with it? I’ve ordered another fire tv cube which has the newer style remote and is still the 2nd gen… I never had any issues when I had a Firestick, any ideas?

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Yes I took mine out of my main system. Too many bad handshakes and having to plug the HDMI cable in and out. Likewise, no such issues of any kind with the stick versions.

Recoveryone

What type of HDMI cable are you using (Standard highspeed or 18GBPS/better)? I've notice with my Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD and my old Fire TV boxes 1st Gen, using 4k/8k level HDMI cables eliminates many handshake issues.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Im premium certified througout. I’ve got some “8K” cables hanging around so might give it a shot. But to be honest a combination of using Roku Express/AppleTV is working well for me so I’m not too bothered.

Waynester

Im premium certified througout. I’ve got some “8K” cables hanging around so might give it a shot. But to be honest a combination of using Roku Express/AppleTV is working well for me so I’m not too bothered.

1st hdmi cable I tried was this, I sent it back and got a refund as my TV kept saying my fire cube wasnt connected or no input, it did this intermittently when I had been watching freeview on the TV itself and then pressed the Amazon remote

KabelDirekt – 1m – 8K HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed HDMI cable, certified (48G, [email protected], latest standard, officially licensed/tested for optimal quality, perfect for PS5/Xbox/Switch, blue/black) Amazon product

Waynester

The cable I have now also does this, but less frequently - this is the cable

UGREEN 4K HDMI Cable, Ultra HD HDMI 2.0 Cable Support [email protected] 18Gbps High Speed ARC 3D HDR DTS HDCP 2.2, Lead Compatible with MacBook Pro 2021, PS5/PS4, Xbox, Soundbar, Blu-ray, Monitor, TV, DVD (1M) Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom