Amazon Fire TV box stopped working

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had one of the Amazon Fire TV boxes for a few months and have just started using it.

After about an hour of use it cuts out completely and requires a reboot. After a first reboot it won't work at all, and just gets stuck on the Amazon logo.

Has anyone else had similar?

I had an issue where the remote stopped working properly. I tried a factory reset and got the same problem as you, stuck at the logo. I got the unit replaced.

Clem

I had an issue where the remote stopped working properly. I tried a factory reset and got the same problem as you, stuck at the logo. I got the unit replaced.

Clem
Thanks. Has the replacement been ok?

There are lots of similar experiences by the sound of it. It is annoying because there are a few shows that I want to watch on Amazon and I can't get Prime on my Apple TV or Blu Ray player, both of which seem much more reliable.

It is on the PS4, but that seems like a lot of hassle to use. I guess I'll try one more of these first.

The replacement has been fine so far apart from one further remote control glitch.

Clem

The replacement has been fine so far apart from one further remote control glitch.

Clem

Better luck than me then! I have got another one and it is exactly the same. I think I'll just return it and look for something else that plays Prime.

The gotcha is that the FTV box seems really fast and responsive compared to other devices that I have that can support Prime, and are glitchy. I'd be inclined to pair a different bluetooth remote and see how you get on. Annoyingly, apart from box wake-up, I can control the FTV with my tv's remote.

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom