Amazon Fire TV and Xbox One S Passthrough

staffspete

Established Member
Reaction score
Strange one this or maybe really simple, hence the post.
I have a 4k Amazon Fire TV stick (The 4 Sided one) connected to the HDMI In on my Xbox One S.
Connection to TV (A Samsung UE55NU7400) via HDMI Out to TV. All available HDMI input on TV used up with 1/ Xbox, 2/ Sky Q and 3/ ARC to my Receiver for Sound. So far so good all working fine, however I cannot seem to play the Fire TV stick from my Xbox.
It is found in Settings and on the Small TV when you set up HDMI but I cannot play it properly from the Home screen and the One app doesn't find it either.
Hoping this is a known oversight and the solution is easy and apologies if its been covered..I cannot find it.
Also before you ask why I need a Fire TV stick with a Smart TV its for APK's :)
Any ideas anyone?

yeah, you need to go into One Guide to see whats coming into your xbox.....

I have a firestick attached to my box & it works fine. I've got the media remote, which has a handy button to go straight into the One Guide, so super easy.

hth

yeah, you need to go into One Guide to see whats coming into your xbox.....

I have a firestick attached to my box & it works fine. I've got the media remote, which has a handy button to go straight into the One Guide, so super easy.

hth
Hi and thanks for the reply. All is set up as yours is.. I too have the media remote but the Fire tv is only seen in the 'Lets Watch TV' box in HDMI set up. One Guide shows no channels on set up.

Last edited:
Now sorted. I had to reset the console keeping my settings and opened up a whole new group of apps!. I guess my console glitched during an update and needed the issue forcing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom