Answered Amazon Fire Stick unresponsive to remote

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Nico72, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Nico72

Nico72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I have three fire sticks in the house. One has just become totally unresponsive to its remote, so it it stuck on the home page. I do not know if the fault is with the remote or the stick itself. Changing batteries in the remote did not help.

It looks to me like each remote conrtols only the stick it came with, so I cannot use another one. Is there a way to force one of the remotes to work with more than one stick, to see if it comes back to life?

Alternativerly, is there an app for iOS that could emulate the fire stick remote?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by neilball, Jan 22, 2018 (1 points)
  3. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +640
    Best Answer
    There is an app for control of the Fire TV/stick, works well.

You can use this to go into the settings and try and re-pair your remote to the Fire Stick.

4. Nico72

Nico72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    It worked. I tried to install the firetv app twice on my iphone SE but no chance.
    My daughter’s very old samsung tablet installed it and had it running in seconds. Android beats iOS hands down.
    Controlling the fire with the tablet is poor, but i was able to use it to pair the fire remote again and it’s working fine now. Thanks