Amazon Fire 5.1 sound not processed

lyteroptes

Novice Member
I'm using a Cambridge Audio Azur 752 BD as a multichannel DAC - I won't bore you with why. So, the DVD player outputs 5.1 analogue sound from DVD, SACD, DVD-A from discs and from DTS files from the network and USB sticks. I also want it to process the output from a Fire TV stick so I've connected it to the HDMI input. When I play some media with a 5.1 soundtrack the info display on the DVD player shows 'Audio LPCM 5.1' but there is only stereo output. I've connected a laptop to the HDMI in and played similar media and this is processed into surround sound. The audio diagnostics on the Fire look fine saying that the connected DVD is Dolby and PCM compatible.

I'm not sure where the problem lies so any insight will be gratefully received.

Thanks

David.

lyteroptes

Novice Member
I have this resolved - it was a simple matter of changing the audio output to either of the Dolby Digital options from PCM. I was using PCM as my audio extractor needs that and I use that to get high res Amazon Music into the stereo amp but now I suppose the audio output from the 752 is just as good?

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom