Amazon FBA (Any Fulltime Amazon Sellers On Here?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponx031277

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So the last few years ten year ive always done a lot of reselling of stuff on ebay and recently ive been giving a lot of thought about trying it fulltime. Speaking to a few people the general consensus seems to be that you need to be on Amazon as well which is where FBA came up.

Now I like to find a bargain but looking at this FBA a lot of the time its stuff relisted up at over the odds prices yet it seems to sell. Am I missing something here or do Amazon members get some kind of special deal when buying through FBA?? There just seems to be some crazy prices for stuff that can be found so much cheaper elsewhere yet people seem to be buying it which seems crazy.

Any help or simple explanation would be appreciated.

Alot of people will pay slightly more knowing it's FBA for prime delivery and the customer service. It used to be easy, and still is to an extent, to return anything for free aswell though they seem to be tidying up the loopholes.

FBA?

Fulfilled By Amazon

It's a very good service they provide, if you can cope with the commission they charge. I can't explain why but people can and do pay well over the odds to receive it from amazon (or by extension You if you are an fba seller)

Generally the fba seller will get the buy box, which basically means if you click buy now its a confirmed sale, rather than having to click the marketplace sellers option to browse the lower prices.

I love it as I can now stop working, take a day off or holiday knowing my sales will continue. Previously I would either be having to turn off my listings or be online while I was away. Amazon also handle any customer service issues on your behalf.

Returns and refunds will increase because the process is so easy, but the sales increase at higher revenues more than covers it.

I've been an fba seller for years, so feel free to pm if you need to, I like to think I know what I'm doing.... Sort of.

We use FBA - we also sell ourselves and use Amazon warehouse to ship.

Yes it is great to get that email saying someone has paid you and knowing some Amazon guy or gal is going trundling around their warehouse to pick, pack and ship - all while you are doing whatever.

We are looking at changing shipper though as Amazon get expensive if you have a modular product as we do. i.e. We want people to choose a 'pack' of ten items mixing and matching size/pattern/material type etc. With Amazon we have to have pre-prepared packs of 10 as Amazon charge £1 every time they touch an item. We really want one that doesn't so we can be a lot more flexible.

It's a very good service they provide, if you can cope with the commission they charge. I can't explain why but people can and do pay well over the odds to receive it from amazon (or by extension You if you are an fba seller)

Generally the fba seller will get the buy box, which basically means if you click buy now its a confirmed sale, rather than having to click the marketplace sellers option to browse the lower prices.

I love it as I can now stop working, take a day off or holiday knowing my sales will continue. Previously I would either be having to turn off my listings or be online while I was away. Amazon also handle any customer service issues on your behalf.

Returns and refunds will increase because the process is so easy, but the sales increase at higher revenues more than covers it.

I've been an fba seller for years, so feel free to pm if you need to, I like to think I know what I'm doing.... Sort of.

What sort of commission are the charging for say a £20 item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom