Amazon excellent service

Loftusrd1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick thread to commend service that I have recently received from Amazon.

I purchased an electric toothbrush from Amazon 11 month and 2 weeks ago, all was fine until the main metal spindal became lose, meaning the toothbrush would no longer work.

I contacted Amazon on Sunday and with very few questions to answer was told that a brand new toothbrush would be sent out first class delivery asap, they will also provide me with a prepaid return label so I can send the broken toothbrush back.

Just thought I would post a positive comment regarding a retailer as I am usually very happy to moan about some when their service has been poor :)

Thank you Amazon. :thumbsup:

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know! Shame this is the exception and not the rule with companies!!!

I love Amazon.

Bought something from there the other day, then a couple of days later (after receiving it) check Amazon and the price had gone down by £10. Emailed them not expecting anything apart from "tough" and they emailed me back saying the would refund the £10 into my bank account.

Two days later it was in there. Amazing service.

Amazon are great.

I bought a new Kindle from Tesco in June and it stopped working within a few days. They replaced it, and the replacement also packed up (my fault, I dropped my bag). They also replaced this.

Then a month or so ago, I bought a Blu Ray writer, which I never received. They sent it normal post. I had to wait the mandatory two weeks or so, but they sent me a replacement the next day.

Their returns policy is second-to-none.

I bought a camera for my daughter's birthday last month. It was a nice Canon, but, very unusually, it didn't work. I got it back from my daughter on a Saturday, and checked out Amazon's returns policy on the Sunday, expecting a certain amount of hassle. But all I had to do was report the problem online, print out some package/despatch labels, and go to the Yodel website to book a collection. Within 20 minutes, at most, it was all set and wrapped up.

I got a nice email from Amazon apologising for the problem, and telling me that a replacement would be despatched straightaway by First Class delivery. Yodel duly picked up the old model the next day (Monday), and the replacement arrived on the Tuesday. So 2 days to get the whole thing sorted. I got another email the other day to say that the old model had duly arrived at their depot.

They have a 30-day returns policy, but as the camera was defective that wouldn't have applied anyway. They gave me 30 days to return it to them, after which they'd charge for the replacement, which seems fair to me.

It would be nice if other companies picked up that business model. To be fair, all the ones I've dealt with have been fine, but none as good as Amazon.

Another :smashin: for Amazon and their after sales service. I have been using them since 1999 and have always had first class service from them. I rarely use anyone else these days.

I agree 100%.

Works for them aswell, because I will always use Amazon over other eTailiers if possible even if it means spending a little more.

I particularly like the fact that they get the replacement out to you as quickly as possible and giving you 30 days and pre-paid postage to get the faulty one back.

And when it is returned they keep you in the loop sending an email confirming the return and thanking you.

I haven't come across another etailer that comes close.

Cheers,

Nigel

I wish I would have used Amazon instead of sendit.com just recently. They sent a bluray to me, it was damaged (the damage was under the sealed bit so it must have been like it when they sent it). Sent the item back, apparently they haven't received it back and want to see proof that I have sent it back.

They can't even seem to give me the right email address to find out what's happening, they sent one saying send an email to care@sendit or something didn't work, so they said "try [email protected]".

Useless, first time I have used them, wont again!

Bought hair clippers that stopped charging - quick email and 30 minutes later I had a lengthy personal response and another set in the post that day with a returns label for the faulty set :thumbsup:

Toy car for my son that had a dodgy steering rack, so they sent out a whole new car (nicked the steering wheel and sent it back as I couldn't be arsed building it again) :laugh:

Bought something from there the other day, then a couple of days later (after receiving it) check Amazon and the price had gone down by £10. Emailed them not expecting anything apart from "tough" and they emailed me back saying the would refund the £10 into my bank account.

Two days later it was in there. Amazing service.

Bought an Xbox last Wednesday and noticed on hotukdeals that it had dropped in price for a few hours on Thursday.

Quick online chat (5 mins) with customer services citing bounceback offer / price promise on Saturday and got a refund for the difference immediately :thumbsup:

Excellent service :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom