Amazon Echo - UK Release

Paperlantern

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So Amazon are holding a press launch tomorrow for what is fully expected to be announcement of the UK release of their Echo device.

I am really keen to pick a couple up for their compatibility with Hue, Harmony, IFTTT and (in 2017) Sonos.

Excited to see the outputs from tomorrow, and costs/release date etc.

Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Yep, just pre-ordered. A good (limited time) discount for prime members too...

Yep a 33% discount! Struggling to justify NOT buying one, despite not having any other installed home automation :D

I have ended up pre-ordering 2x Echo's and 1x Dot - pleased with the price point and release dates, looking forward to getting my hands on one of these shortly :smashin:

mines ordered, though the wife is determined to keep it hidden until Christmas :(

Strange there is no mention of Nest on the website, and Nest's Twitter team dint even give me a straight answer. Thankfully I spoke to someone on Amazon live chat who confirmed that all Nest products are supported.

Yep got me one ordered... Might have to add another or two dots but need to speak to the wife first....ekk..
Great price to get you hooked..

So Amazon are holding a press launch tomorrow for what is fully expected to be announcement of the UK release of their Echo device.

I am really keen to pick a couple up for their compatibility with Hue, Harmony, IFTTT and (in 2017) Sonos.

Excited to see the outputs from tomorrow, and costs/release date etc.

Anyone else looking forward to this one?
So it does work with Harmony Hubs? This is going to be awesome, might buy a door for the bedroom and then invest in some Philips Hue lights.

Just ordered echo and dot, wouldn't have bothered with the dot but the discount makes it a freebie.

I've pre-ordered... DOH.

I smell a new thread = What have you automated with Alexa

I think you can get a second if you select a different colour. So one black one white

ended up doing this, one black and one white for the Dot's. fingers crossed will work well with Hue & SONOS

ordered one. Looks like the bee's knee's ...

is there a discount on the dots?

Ordered a white Echo and a black dot. I can see these either being used loads, or I'll get bored with them very quickly. Only time will tell...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom