1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon DVD prices

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by RobT, Sep 7, 2000.

1. RobT

RobT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RobT - very clever, but not very nice if true. Not exactly the best way to thank your customers for their loyalty! I don't know if I can be arsed to alter my cookie settings each time I go to Amazon, so if it is true (I'll have to test it somehow) they might lose a customer. Although I've never had to pay import duty using them...

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Have never used them, and having read the article, I won't be using them. If the article is as accurate as it appears to be, then Amazon are being a) very deceiving to all their customers, and b) shooting themselves in the foot, with a 12-bore shotgun, at point-blank range!

Why should one customer pay a different price, to another customer, within the process of seconds/minutes of one another?! Surely there must be same legal precedent, that they are breaking?! I can understand a price changing after 24 hours, or due to exchange rates, but this is farcical! If this happened in the high-street, the shop would probably be sued and the shopkeeper be hung for being such a sneaky, little bugger!

Anyone else have any other comments and/or ideas to add?! I pray that this does not become a trend among stores online.

Pooch.