Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Amazon DVD Club

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by eugdog2, Mar 8, 2005.

1. eugdog2

eugdog2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have joined many DVD clubs in the past but have always cancelled because they always send me DVD from the bottom of my list!!

But the Amazon DVD club has an interesting difference. When you compile a list they will inform you about the availability of each DVD you select (eg. now, short wait, long wait, very long wait etc)

However Amazon only give you 6 movies a month!!

Do any other club give you the availability status of DVD and allow unlimited availability.

So far I have been impressed with what Amazon have sent me (Anchorman and Alien Vs Predator - my top choices!!)

2. Ryu

Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Lovefilm.com use a red dot next to a film title to indicate:

This title has recently become unobtainable. Since we cannot order any more copies to cope with demand, you may experience some delay in receiving this DVD.

...and a yellow dot to indicate:

You may experience a slightly longer wait for this title due to unusually high demand. We do have more copies of this film on back order and this temporary delay should be resolved when they arrive.

I usually get the top 3 titles I'm after, including new releases the day of, or the day after, release. Also it's unlimited rentals a month.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Rented from Amazon for 3 months now. Very impressed, as you say they take from the top of the list. Only thing to note is that the availability changes constantly, hence your top DVD may be momentarily unavailable just at the point they come to pick it.

Know what you mean about the 6 DVDs limit, but for example this month I'm still on disc 1 hence will probably struggle to get through 6...PJ

4. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I cancelled my membership- I tried using their 10% discount with a £3 off voucher that they gave me on some DVD's that I bought- the price was wrong and they didn;t refund my money. :mad: