Amazon Dispute - after some advice

I'm not saying that consumers are not entitled to free returns - I'm just suggesting that if retailers want business in an ever more competitive space, they probably need to offer it.

I use Amazon because of their customer service. Sometimes its possible to get things cheaper elsewhere, but I still use Amazon. They have worked hard to build customer confidence - that's worth a lot.
Serial returners cause problems for shops - BBC News

I suppose it's because they deduct it from the item that I find confusing. I suppose if I had to pay return postage at the post office and they gave me a full refund it would make more sense.

Of course it could be the first time I've selected 'no longer needed' - they could have been doing this for years.

I discovered it a couple of years ago that the return postage i free if you select 'not compatible' instead of 'not wanted', its an odd one though because either way its not Amazons fault and could legally require you yo pay for the postage.

I stick with Amazon on most purchases due to how easy and free it is to return stuff, If it suddenly becomes more difficult then I wouldn't bother.

That might sound like I feel that Amazon owes me something for nothing but it's earned them a lot of business from me by doing it.

I probably am guilty of abusing the system a little bit, for example, I have in the past bought several of the same item with the intention of keeping only 1 to see which one is the best quality, I have definitely bought things just to see if I'd bought the correct thing and then returned it. Am I wrong in doing that? Maybe, but maybe not; every occasion ends up in a sale for Amazon so I'm pretty 'meh' about it.

Heres an example, I recently bought pair of hiking boots from Mountain Warehouse, used them for one 13 mile walk and a few weeks just casually; the sole started peeling away, a lace snapped, and the interior fabric was completely knackered. I took them back to the shop, it must have taken about 20 minutes just to return the damn things after a supervisor was called to authorize it, then the store manager came to look at them, I was even asked the question 'Can you show me how you laced them up before you used them' which I did, and he agreed I had done it correctly (I was expecting a job offer at this point), finally get a refund. I went home, and bought a pair from Amazon like I should have done in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is, Amazons willingness to overlook certain things and streamline the returns process means I'm sticking with them, mountain warehouse on the other hand....probably never again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom