Amazon.com

Kain

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and We Were Soldiers from Amazon.com.

However, when they arrived, the plastic sheet covering on the DVD cases was not "perfect." Meaning it was a bit wrinkled and stuff. The DVD discs were fine, just the cases were a bit funky.

My question is that, is this normal?

I've had this a few times with dvds from Canada!!!

Not sure what the reason is because I've had other dvds from America/Canada without this problem

Wrinkling of the plastic sleeve is usually caused by the shrink wrapping process use to cover the package with well basicly shrink wrap;)

The wrapping is shrunk by hot air and if this heat is a little to excessive then it will wrinkle the plastic sleeve as well.

Bummer but it happens. Always keep a stock of spare cases is my advice.

It's common for R1s. The reason is usually down to the barcoded stickers that they place across the edges of the case. When this is not done perfectly, it naturally causes wrinkling.

Stop making a fuss over nothing ;)

It varies depending upon the studio in R1.
I find that Paramount are the worst as the cover always appears wrinkled especially as they now use security stickers on all 3 opening sides.
The best at getting smooth covers seem to be MGM and usually Fox.

I found a pubic hair in my copy of "Watership Down". Now thats disturbing.

Originally posted by Xusia Of Delos
I found a pubic hair in my copy of "Watership Down". Now thats disturbing.
LOL! :D

By the way, I just ordered The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Extended Edition) and Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones from Amazon.com. :cool:

I agree with Squirrel God - the wrinkling is caused by the bar code sticky thingy bob. :( :rolleyes: :mad:

Originally posted by Kain
By the way, I just ordered The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Extended Edition) and Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones from Amazon.com. :cool:
Can I ask if there is a particular reason why you are ordering all your R1 DVDs from Amazon.com as opposed to using other, cheaper R1 e-tailers?

May be it's the added pubic hair he's after :D

I always found their customer service second to none.

They are getting pricey these days though, and as a high profile e-tailer subject to closer scrutiny by HM C&E.

The DVD God has an ample supply of new blank cases in the cupboard just in case... ;)

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Can I ask if there is a particular reason why you are ordering all your R1 DVDs from Amazon.com as opposed to using other, cheaper R1 e-tailers?
I am willing to pay extra for better reliability and service.

Thanks guys.

But how come all the Region 1 DVDs that I see at the local stores have "perfect" cases?

Originally posted by Kain
Thanks guys.

But how come all the Region 1 DVDs that I see at the local stores have "perfect" cases?
Maybe they're counterfeit?? Most Region 1s are sealed with the security stickers around at least one edge.

BTW, it's not just Amazon.com that delivers great service you know ;) You'd probably save a few bob going for Amazon.ca instead anyway.

They are not counterfeit because they also have security stickers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom