Amazon.co.uk - Still Good Service!

Epicurus

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of complaints on these forums about Amazon, mostly concerning pre-orders or late deliveries, but I never see anyone praising them. So today I am going to do just that!

While at work on Friday I sent Amazon an email to say that the Wii I bought back in March had developed a fault, could I arrange a return. Upon returning home from work I already had a reply waiting for me apologising for the fault and saying that a new one had been dispatched!

Incredibly the brand new unit arrived at 8:30am on Saturday morning, less than 24 hours after reporting the fault! I was amazed really, and I don't think anyone could expect customer service that good. In the meantime they have given me 30 days to return the old unit and they will pay the postage.

As for the fault I leave my Wii on Wii Connect most of the time and hardly play it, I wonder if it has "over heated" like some people have reported. It was a graphical fault, where the whole screen would flicker intermitently.

I'm always happy to blow Amazons trumpet, never had any problem with them, couple of times the postal service has screwed thing up a little yet Amazon came through on their behalf.....pre-orders for things have turned up happily on time, everythings always well packaged and safe, etc.....to be honest, Amazon is not always the absolute cheapest, but where things are only around £3 price difference on say a £25 item, i'd rather let amazon do it because it gets done to my satisfaction....and whilst im aware like any company they will screw things up from time to time for some folks, when you consider the sheer volume they deal in, its only to be expected.....its like people who slate Dell PC's (often on hearsay, they've never actually bought one themselves)....Dell sell in such huge numbers its impossible to have 100% perfect record, but they generally do most customers proud and like all PC sellers, the cheap machines are more liable to fault to keep the price down, thats why its cheap (never understand people who dont get that), but their top price PC's rarely suffer problems (i should know, i've had 4.....took a lightning strike to kill one of them! :eek: and even then the HDD survived!!)

Never had probs with Amazon. Free del has never taken more than 3 working days inclusive except on one occasion but that was RM's fault and they sent that round in a van

This goes for all companies, but I don't get the UK internet forum thing for ranting about late delivery. Not sending it off for 2 weeks is one thing. Sending it off straight away and not getting it is our wonderful Royal Mail's fault

But apparently people know better :rolleyes:

Yeah sorry. I was speaking in general terms

I see a lot of complaints on these forums about Amazon, mostly concerning pre-orders or late deliveries, but I never see anyone praising them. So today I am going to do just that!

While at work on Friday I sent Amazon an email to say that the Wii I bought back in March had developed a fault, could I arrange a return. Upon returning home from work I already had a reply waiting for me apologising for the fault and saying that a new one had been dispatched!

Incredibly the brand new unit arrived at 8:30am on Saturday morning, less than 24 hours after reporting the fault! I was amazed really, and I don't think anyone could expect customer service that good. In the meantime they have given me 30 days to return the old unit and they will pay the postage.

As for the fault I leave my Wii on Wii Connect most of the time and hardly play it, I wonder if it has "over heated" like some people have reported. It was a graphical fault, where the whole screen would flicker intermitently.

I contacted Nintendo regarding my Wii fault (same as yours by the sound of it) on the 20th of August and still haven't had any response. Kudos to Amazon for their response.

Well that was my worry which is why I went to the retailer first, but had no idea I would get a replacement so fast.

I'm definitely not going to use WiiConnect anymore though, recently when I touched the back of my console it was extremely hot, yet hadn't been used for weeks. Aside from automatic updates (which don't actually always work anyway) it doesn't really serve any useful purpose other than wasting electricity.

Agree in general Amazon are good for orders as long as it is in stock, pre-orders on the other hand are a different matter :thumbsdow

Well that was my worry which is why I went to the retailer first, but had no idea I would get a replacement so fast.

I'm definitely not going to use WiiConnect anymore though, recently when I touched the back of my console it was extremely hot, yet hadn't been used for weeks. Aside from automatic updates (which don't actually always work anyway) it doesn't really serve any useful purpose other than wasting electricity.

I think Wii Connect being on allows more Mii's to arrive in your Parade as your Wii is always accessible.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom