Amazon Black Friday - Anyone got anything ?

cebs_uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What a load of rubbish this has turned into.

I've just got in and thought I'd have a look at the 5 o'clock stuff and fancied the Millenium Hardback set. The page refreshes itself and at 5.00 shows £20 I click on buy and straight away it says sold out, how many did they have 10?

I was wondering if anyone managed to get anything yet? Don't think I'll be bothering much with the specials at this rate.

i got **** all also:mad:,things ive bid on have gone in less than a second,abit of a joke this sale is.

I did get the photoshop elements 9 for the princely sum of £22.99, but it was touch and go (though I was watching the screen and counting down from 2 minutes to go till the basket was open), so I was one of the fortunate ones.

I tried getting the Nigella Lawson Gift Set, the very second it turned from a mystery item to the button, I clicked the button and it instantly turned to Sold Out! did they have 1 in stock or something. wasting my f-king time.

I got the take that CD (for my Mum ;) ) and the Goldeneye for the OH. Totally agree re the low level of availability, although there must be THOUSANDS of people clicking, so I'm sure that they've got more than a few, but granted clearly not enough to satisfy demand.

I got the Nigella Book Set for £15..first item Ive managed to bag all day..

Managed to get the Wii - I dont believe it - missed out on quite a few today so feel well lucky :D

Got Photoshop elements as well. So it's not impossible. But just requires a whole lot of luck :)

the goldeneye one was dumb, it dropped to £29.99 this morning and you can buy it for that from amazon brand new anyway from other sellers...:suicide:

the goldeneye one was dumb, it dropped to £29.99 this morning and you can buy it for that from amazon brand new anyway from other sellers...:suicide:

not the collectors edition you can't, i've tried 3 times to get that game in this and failed every time. I did get the nigella set but didn't want it once i found out what it was. The problem is you have to add it to your basket to be able to make the decision so i stopped someone who might have wanted it getting it just because i didn't know what it was.

Anyway, is there not a way all these black friday threads could be merged, theres like 6 of the things dotted about the place

Gutted I missed out on the 'chance' (if you could call it that) to get the Sony BR player for £60, great price :(

I've just got Elements 9 for £22.99 :clap:

I just popped into Amazon for a browse, I didn't have any plans to buy anything. I saw PSE9 for £22.99 and thought, what the heck, clicked buy. I wasn't sure how the process worked. I went straight to the checkout and the price went back up. I went back a page and it vanished from my basket. So I thought I'd try again, clicked buy and this time waited.

A few seconds later I was at the checkout paying £22.99 for it!

I now have to decide whether to stick with PSE7 and pass PSE9 on, or the other way around. :suicide:

Do the deals end at 9pm?

I've just got Elements 9 for £22.99 :clap:

I just popped into Amazon for a browse, I didn't have any plans to buy anything. I saw PSE9 for £22.99 and thought, what the heck, clicked buy. I wasn't sure how the process worked. I went straight to the checkout and the price went back up. I went back a page and it vanished from my basket. So I thought I'd try again, clicked buy and this time waited.

A few seconds later I was at the checkout paying £22.99 for it!

I now have to decide whether to stick with PSE7 and pass PSE9 on, or the other way around. :suicide:

Do the deals end at 9pm?

I got a copy too :clap: took a good 8 minutes for them to sell out too which surprised me so if anyone else is after a copy I suggest you keep an eye out in the next few days

Managed to snag Life / Planet Earth Blu-ray for £31, quite happy with that.

I was really starting to rate Amazon, but this stunt has really backfired for them with loads of negative press. They should pull the promotion before they alienate any more customers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom