Amazon £30

danaldinho7

Ex Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
yep i just emailed them and got the difference refunded as I got them less than 30 days ago at a higher price :thumbsup:

yep i just emailed them and got the difference refunded as I got them less than 30 days ago at a higher price :thumbsup:

I've heard rumours of this 30 day refund thing, but never had the chance to test it.

Now I find that Motorstorm is reduced by a £5 from it's launch day price I may try and get that £5 back.

Strange Sonic that I also bought on launch day, has gone up by £5 :eek:

Is there a specific way to claim the refund ?

the email from amazon:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

The discounts we offer for items on our website do vary from time to time. I've checked your order #203-*******-******* and found that we now offer a greater discount on "SIXAXIS Wireless Controller (PS3)"
and "MotorStorm (PS3)" than at the time you placed your order.

We are only able to adjust the price of an order in instances where less than thirty days have passed between the date on which an order was dispatched and the time that an item is reduced in price on our site.

I have therefore requested a refund of 15.02 GBP to your payment card. This amount reflects the difference between the price you were charged and the current discounted price. The refund should appear as a credit on your next bank statement.

Completed refunds information can be viewed when you visit Your Account once you've received a confirmation e-mail from us. Under Where's My Stuff? click "Go" next to "Open and recently dispatched orders" and sign in with your e-mail address and password. The refund information will be visible at the bottom of the relevant order's summary page.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or concern this price change may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Thanks Phil,

Out of interest, how much did you originally pay for the controller f you don't mind me asking? I originally paid ..

1 of: Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3) [Video Game] £34.99 Now £39.99

1 of: MotorStorm (PS3) [Video Game] £34.99 Now £29.98

1 of: SIXAXIS Wireless Controller (PS3) [Video Game] £27.99 Now £27.98

So you paid £37.99 for the controller originally I guess ?

1 of: SIXAXIS Wireless Controller (PS3) [Video Game] £32.99
1 of: MotorStorm (PS3) [Video Game] £39.99

I couln't find it on the site so i just emailed them using the form in 'my account' and selecting the refund option.

Yup - that's what I did last night, and by Midnight I'd recieved two emails, one confriming they'll refund me £5.01 and one confirming that it's been done.

Gotta give it to them .. great customer service eh? :)

I've done this a few times and have money refunded back no problems!

I couln't find it on the site so i just emailed them using the form in 'my account' and selecting the refund option.
Thanks for the info - I've just emailed them so I'll just have to wait and see if I get the refund too.

EDIT: Just had the email confirming that I'll get £30 refunded... very pleased

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom